Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What ya think guys ?

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
1C74C7A3-262B-4355-9006-AC3927EB190C.jpeg62CED463-02F0-4A41-8ACC-23FEE0924BF5.jpegE1B304FB-0CC4-4364-B13D-62B34A0AB486.jpeg YeaYea I beleave in em. Have saved me several G Loomis rods.
Used to have em on all my Phantoms on the skids.
No Coal I don’t want no floats for this one but do fly over water 75% of the time ?

How does this float deploy? I am going by the warning label and what I can read from it. LOL
When it’s under water it deploys the end and you have a yellow
float to look for then you pull it up. I know thier are skeptics
on these but have used them for years. Never had a drone go down but have retrieved high end rod and reels with them. Let me show ya another picture of one with the warninigs.
image.jpg That’s another one as I have many.
The one on my drone is superglued to a strip of industrial strength
velcro. It’s not coming off.

Interesting, it might be a way to retrieve a drone in water, how long a line does it have, and can you reuse it?

Interesting, it might be a way to retrieve a drone in water, how long a line does it have, and can you reuse it?
Think it’s 100’ and you can’t reuse it.

Think it’s 100’ and you can’t reuse it.
They are not high but even if they were when I lose a thousand dollar rod and reel or a drone the cost is small. And I have for gettin
to strap my rods down before getting on the pad and they fly over my head ?

Reactions: Madhungarian
Thanks DC
Hey they might not always work but I remember taking off in a fruit
jar tournament one day and being in a hurry cause I was late and
when I went up on pad my rods all went over my head.Was doing about 50 and went back and all had worked and got my rods back.
why I have always used them. Drone most likely be dead but at least you get em back.

Reactions: A.O.
Hey they might not always work but I remember taking off in a fruit
jar tournament one day and being in a hurry cause I was late and
when I went up on pad my rods all went over my head.Was doing about 50 and went back and all had worked and got my rods back.
why I have always used them. Drone most likely be dead but at least you get em back.
Also the only way your insurance(Care Refresh) will work if you have a drone to turn in. No drone, no coverage.

I've seen several posts over the years by people saying that they put 2 of those on a quad. That would help in the case one of the floats was trapped under the quad on the bottom of the river.

The biggest downside I see to these is that they need at least 10' of water to activate. If you go down in shallower water, it might not trigger.

Reactions: dirkclod
I've seen several posts over the years by people saying that they put 2 of those on a quad. That would help in the case one of the floats was trapped under the quad on the bottom of the river.

The biggest downside I see to these is that they need at least 10' of water to activate. If you go down in shallower water, it might not trigger.
Cant say my rods where always in the channel and deeper but worked fine for me. When I get the arm braces I’m going to see
if I can run 2/ maybe not. I haven’t but 1 battery at the moment
and have only flew it 2 times , first without and today with. Saw no difference but still trying to get the feel for this thing. Hey once
i learn to trust this bird I might not even use it.
Gonna try again to get FB to insure me and if they will I won’t even worry about it.

Reactions: okw
You’ve probably heard this a lot but State Farm personal articles policy is another option. I’ve never had to use mine and not sure what filing a claim would be like but I have my M2 Zoom, my DJI FPV and my mountain bike covered for ~70 a year. I’d expect to get at least one claim on one of these items before they don’t renew it. I’ve also heard of people that have filed more than one claim and never had an issue.

You’ve probably heard this a lot but State Farm personal articles policy is another option. I’ve never had to use mine and not sure what filing a claim would be like but I have my M2 Zoom, my DJI FPV and my mountain bike covered for ~70 a year. I’d expect to get at least one claim on one of these items before they don’t renew it. I’ve also heard of people that have filed more than one claim and never had an issue.
I have that as well, never used it either. ??

me personally.. Im either going down in a lot of water or no water..

Cant say my rods where always in the channel and deeper but worked fine for me. When I get the arm braces I’m going to see
if I can run 2/ maybe not. I haven’t but 1 battery at the moment
and have only flew it 2 times , first without and today with. Saw no difference but still trying to get the feel for this thing. Hey once
i learn to trust this bird I might not even use it.
Gonna try again to get FB to insure me and if they will I won’t even worry about it.
Now that I’ve had time to play some I just peeled it off but did get my braces in and just to see what it looked like I strapped 2 on.
B61A7B60-AFD1-4762-9167-BFCE9F63189E.jpeg7129BF43-4755-4808-8E29-3B233FAFCCB5.jpeg

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster