Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

where is the drone battery level in the goggles v2?

motopokep

Reaction score
in DJI goggles v2, where is the option to see the battery level of the drone? all I see is the goggles battery level so I have to rely on RTH kicking in when battery level is low.

update: don't know how to delete a thread; answer found

Last edited:
in DJI goggles v2, where is the option to see the battery level of the drone? all I see is the goggles battery level so I have to rely on RTH kicking in when battery level is low.

update: don't know how to delete a thread; answer found
I’d actually like to know what the answer is if you don’t mind. Thanks.

above is the link to the manual. look at the drawing on page 32, it's item number 10. what's very useful is also item #9, it shows minutes and seconds left of flying
I've found that the battery time remaining indicator in the FPV isn't nearly as precise as it is in the Mini's. In general, the time remaining indicator is a good deal more pessimistic in the FPV. This is even more pronounced in Sport Mode.

With the Minis, I've never worried about the % of battery life remaining indicator; the time remaining indicator is good enough. With the FPV, I've found that I have to pay more attention to the % remaining indicator, vs the time remaining indicator, to get an accurate estimate of how much flight time I have remaining.

I think the time remaining indicator on the FPV is intentionally set to be pessimistic, because it's so much easier to get yourself in trouble. Sort of like a gas gauge that reads empty when you still have at least 50 miles of fuel remaining...

YMMV!

;-)

Thx.

The thing is that the diffecence between hovering and flying a Mini "aggressively" if you could call it that is maybe less than a factor of 2 in power consumption, on the FPV it's more like 4-5 so obviously the estimation is going to be less predictable...

Reactions: okw
The thing is that the diffecence between hovering and flying a Mini "aggressively" if you could call it that is maybe less than a factor of 2 in power consumption, on the FPV it's more like 4-5 so obviously the estimation is going to be less predictable...
That's certainly consistent with my experience.

I suppose it depends on what you want out of the number. The very low "time remaining" values, compared to the % battery remaining, usually/mostly shows up after I've been pushing the FPV pretty hard. So if it's intended to show how much time you have left if you keep doing what you've been doing, it's probably pretty close.

My interest in the number, however, is more along the lines of, "Do I have enough power to get home from here, with a comfortable margin?" The % power remaining looks like it's going to be much more useful for that, once my brain re-calibrates to the "base" power requirements of the FPV.

So, it looks like DJI has given us the best of both worlds! One measure for people who want to see how long they can keep doing whatever crazy stuff they've been doing, and another measure for people who mostly just want to get home safely.

Works for me!

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya