Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

A little help

Adrian.T

Reaction score
Hey, guys, I'm kind of new to this drone racing stuff, new as in "never participated in one" . I want to buy a good drone for racing but it should be kind to beginners, something like this. The battery seems to be a bit of an issue but the price is quite low and i'm not looking for anything more expensive right now, i only wish to use this as a learning drone .

Reactions: HighTechPauper
So Chef, do you have a recommendation for a guy looking to get into fpv? Say someone that has never flown birds before. Not a video, just a helpful thread or one on one answers?

I mean I explain most of that and then some in the video. Its why I made the video, to give folks a good idea of how to get in and what to expect.

I believe I recommend finding a local pilot sellign gear and one that is EXPERIENCED that can help get you airborne. I have done this many times with locals, sold them an older but good condition rig and get them up in the air when they are ready.

Honestly, without a local mentor or someone accesible its hard to succeed with not experience.

I wouldnt waste money on cheap or budget gear unless youre not sure you want to stick with it. I also dont agree wastign money on micros. They are expensive considering what you end up with and the gear often isnt usable with full scale gear.

I am actually selling a RTF (needs Rx only) Bee Rotor 210 Ultra. Its near new and ready to rip. $225 shipped.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Chef, I sincerely don’t want to get into the type of aggressive discussions that took place not long ago but can I just say you are obviously a very accomplished pilot. Way ahead of a lot of us on here but most of the time we require verbal explanation as apposed to video. I believe you have a heck of a lot to offer to us pilots less developed than you. But please talk to the guys on here rather than posting video. Just my opinion. Regards Wayne

Chef, I sincerely don’t want to get into the type of aggressive discussions that took place not long ago but can I just say you are obviously a very accomplished pilot. Way ahead of a lot of us on here but most of the time we require verbal explanation as apposed to video. I believe you have a heck of a lot to offer to us pilots less developed than you. But please talk to the guys on here rather than posting video. Just my opinion. Regards Wayne

Use the verbal help provided via video or don't, its up to you. I frequent multiple groups and forums daily helping people, I cant retype and hold back and forths with each. I have offered concise and complete information that is on topic with what was asked.

I'll let the OP decide for themself.

Have a great day!

Also the q90c would be a good learning one, but being brushed won't have the power needed for power loops and all once you advance a bit.

Also, don't mind all the warnings in chef's videos saying you need to spend $1200 and only fatsharks are good, don't get an Eachine drone, you need a taranis, etc, etc, etc... That is pure b.s. in my opinion. That video is full of wrong, outdated info at best, completely false at worst.

I suggest you first buy a transmitter and download a simulator, that way you can be learning to fly in acro mode while deciding on what quad and fpv goggles you want. I recommend the turnigy evolution transmitter, its cheap and perfect for quads.

Also the q90c would be a good learning one, but being brushed won't have the power needed for power loops and all once you advance a bit.

Also, don't mind all the warnings in chef's videos saying you need to spend $1200 and only fatsharks are good, don't get an Eachine drone, you need a taranis, etc, etc, etc... That is pure b.s. in my opinion. That video is full of wrong, outdated info at best, completely false at worst.
Yeah, i'm still using my first and only set of goggles, a $60 vr 008 eachine cheapy goggles that work great and i love them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam