Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

A new kind of FPV rig

rtkDarling

Reaction score
It's been a while, I though I'd show you guys what I've been up to...
20210310_171120.jpg

20210310_171109.jpg

This is the Chasing M2, my second underwater drone so far. It boasts 8 vectored motors that give it amazing 360 degree control, 4k cam at 1.8 aperture, the works. This was what pushed my wife over the edge so now she's involved (read addicted), and we're lining up some coral reef monitoring sights to get us started.

Just did the first pool test today, everything worked like a dream. We'll have some footage soon!

It's been a while, I though I'd show you guys what I've been up to...
View attachment 4995

View attachment 4996

This is the Chasing M2, my second underwater drone so far. It boasts 8 vectored motors that give it amazing 360 degree control, 4k cam at 1.8 aperture, the works. This was what pushed my wife over the edge so now she's involved (read addicted), and we're lining up some coral reef monitoring sights to get us started.

Just did the first pool test today, everything worked like a dream. We'll have some footage soon!
Looking forward to it ?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Very cool, I have a couple ponds on my place and have been thinking about one of these.

So your controller is tethered to the ROV all the time yes? So whats your range?

Very cool, I have a couple ponds on my place and have been thinking about one of these.

So your controller is tethered to the ROV all the time yes? So whats your range?
Correct, it's tethered to the controller, which makes a small wifi hotspot for your phone to connect wirelessly to. They have a few lengths of tether, this one is 100 meters.

Correct, it's tethered to the controller, which makes a small wifi hotspot for your phone to connect wirelessly to. They have a few lengths of tether, this one is 100 meters.
I was hoping I could find something where I could stand on my dock and do the whole pond but I don’t think that’s gonna happen

Got some test footage this morning. Didn't get to open it up or anything, just took it slow. Tight area, very shallow, but lots of fish
Very nice, looks like coins in the sand on the bottom...

Maybe time to start Underwater UAV pilots forum?
I think right now Ryan would be all alone in there, maybe after a few dozen people pick it up we can talk to the admins about starting one, till then I think this is as good a place as any for this kind of thing. :)

Excellent Bro!!! Hope to see you sometime this summer when I'm down :)
Hey yeah man, that's great! I've just been spinning up the toothpicks lately, but they're both in need of repair now. My favorite toothpick has a strange fly-away issue where the PID loop freaks out when I punch it, and the throttle stays stuck. It's not the actual throttle because I have a read out in OSD, but the quad refuses to drop throttle and makes a sound like it's way out of tune. Then it recovers. Super weird. Last time it did it I realized it makes the motors super hot, and they normally come back cool to the touch. After that I haven't messed with it. Time for a build session!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hey yeah man, that's great! I've just been spinning up the toothpicks lately, but they're both in need of repair now. My favorite toothpick has a strange fly-away issue where the PID loop freaks out when I punch it, and the throttle stays stuck. It's not the actual throttle because I have a read out in OSD, but the quad refuses to drop throttle and makes a sound like it's way out of tune. Then it recovers. Super weird. Last time it did it I realized it makes the motors super hot, and they normally come back cool to the touch. After that I haven't messed with it. Time for a build session!
I got money on it being the RX or FC causing that, let me know if you figure anything out.

Reactions: rtkDarling

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax