Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

ACTUAL flight times in sport / manual mode?

CactusJackSlade

Reaction score
I know 1Handler did some great testing done for hover times and noise levels, but what are you all getting for actual flight times in sport or manual modes?

When I go to sport mode and go full throttle I get only about 8 minutes.

Last edited:
Anything between 6-12 in manual depending on how you fly...
OK, thanks for verifying... I have to say, not much more air time than the quad racer I built up about 4 years ago. At least in cruise mode I can get 15 min or so on the DJI FPV setup :)

Same for me. There's a fair bit of drag at 60mph, which accounts for burning a lot of the battery. Remember drag increases as the square of speed – at 60, 4 times the power is being expended to fight drag and maintain speed than at 30mph.

I've gotten close to 18 min lazily weaving around trees in a forest, probably never exceeding 10mph, no wind. I've burned a full battery in 6 minutes doing jet fighter with the MC over the beach with a 20mph gusty crosswind coming on shore.

While both flights were worth it, I'd take 6 minutes of that jet fighter experience over the virtual walk through the woods any day.

I fly mostly in S Mode for the whole flight with average speeds between 35-63 mph. I record every flight and land at around 20-35% battery. I consistently get 8-11 minutes of flight time. I did do one flight at 42mph for the whole flight to see what the total distance would be on the flight recorder flying from 100% battery down to 9% and logged 9.1 miles total distance. So somewhere around 40 mph in S mode is gonna get the most distance in case a low battery alarm comes on and the pilot needs to maximize distance to get home.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RcRen