Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 vs Motion Controller 2

ddodell

Reaction score
I have been flying the Avata for a few months with the MC1 ... it has been a great experience, but I'm starting to realize I still like the feel of a regular controller, for when I fly my Mavic 3 ... just feel like I have better control.

Been thinking about upgrading to the MC2 ... but then realized the FPV RC2 might be a better choice.

I know the RC2 is compatible with the Avata, but a few questions:

(1) I know it supports "Manual" mode, but does it also support Normal and Sport mode, so the drone will perform like it does with the MC1?

(2) Can you set the controller to act with the sticks in Mode 3 vs Mode 2? ( I'm left handed, so Mode 3 has always made more sense to me and is more comfortable)

(3) I know the MC2 can go backwards, and the "joystick" lets you make more lateral movement, but it seems less intuitive than a traditional controller, thoughts?

I have been flying the Avata for a few months with the MC1 ... it has been a great experience, but I'm starting to realize I still like the feel of a regular controller, for when I fly my Mavic 3 ... just feel like I have better control.

Been thinking about upgrading to the MC2 ... but then realized the FPV RC2 might be a better choice.

I know the RC2 is compatible with the Avata, but a few questions:

(1) I know it supports "Manual" mode, but does it also support Normal and Sport mode, so the drone will perform like it does with the MC1?

(2) Can you set the controller to act with the sticks in Mode 3 vs Mode 2? ( I'm left handed, so Mode 3 has always made more sense to me and is more comfortable)

(3) I know the MC2 can go backwards, and the "joystick" lets you make more lateral movement, but it seems less intuitive than a traditional controller, thoughts?
1) Yes, you have the settings Normal, Sport, and Manual to pick from. It's the left rocker switch on the front of the remote.
2) Yes, you can pick the mode just like any other DJI remote
3) Its less useful yes. The new motion controller 2 will allow forward, back, left right, up and down using either the trigger or the joystick they added. The regular remote is more maneuverable but is a different interface type and with sticks more traditional.

If I were to only own one of the two it would be the traditional remote since that is the typical way to fly but the motion controller is fun too since its intuitive to use and the new version adds what the first version was missing. I can't imagine what they might change next to make it better.

1) Yes, you have the settings Normal, Sport, and Manual to pick from. It's the left rocker switch on the front of the remote.
2) Yes, you can pick the mode just like any other DJI remote
3) Its less useful yes. The new motion controller 2 will allow forward, back, left right, up and down using either the trigger or the joystick they added. The regular remote is more maneuverable but is a different interface type and with sticks more traditional.

If I were to only own one of the two it would be the traditional remote since that is the typical way to fly but the motion controller is fun too since its intuitive to use and the new version adds what the first version was missing. I can't imagine what they might change next to make it better.

Thank you for your comments and information. My thought right now is to go to a traditional FPV remote. Why I find the MC easy to use, I also find my hands tire quickly holding it.

Thank you for your comments and information. My thought right now is to go to a traditional FPV remote. Why I find the MC easy to use, I also find my hands tire quickly holding it.
I would go with the FPV controller 2 as well. I have both the MC1 and controller 2 and have not gone back to the MC1. I can do way more maneuvers at speed than I could with the MC1.

I would go with the FPV controller 2 as well. I have both the MC1 and controller 2 and have not gone back to the MC1. I can do way more maneuvers at speed than I could with the MC1.

Thank you for the vote ... that is the way I'm going.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18