Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Airmode and Idle Up?

Marturashi

Reaction score
Can someone explain what these are and how they are different, what are the advantages and disadvantages of the two? Thanks in adVance.

Chef,

Thanks for the post. That's exactly the kind of content and help we could use around here. Very helpful! Thanks again.

Jerry

Chef,

Because I'm not a seasoned race pilot, I leave air mode off in the configuration page and put it on a switch on my radio. I know that's a rookie move but it helps me with takeoff's, landings and crashes. As I get more comfortable I'll probably permanently enable it. I did change it on one of my birds recently (not on BF3.0+) and dinged the thing up a bit in a crash. I turned it back off and continue to use the switch.

Jerry

Chef,

Because I'm not a seasoned race pilot, I leave air mode off in the configuration page and put it on a switch on my radio. I know that's a rookie move but it helps me with takeoff's, landings and crashes. As I get more comfortable I'll probably permanently enable it. I did change it on one of my birds recently (not on BF3.0+) and dinged the thing up a bit in a crash. I turned it back off and continue to use the switch.

Jerry
Airmode on a switch isnt at all necessary after BF 2.1.7 if I recollect. The reason is it acts the same way as a switch because you set the throttle position as the "switch".

When turned on all the time, airmode only activates at 1350 throttle or higher (default is 1350 but it can be changed). As far as landing, again the feature is now improved and has been for quite some time. You no longer get bounces on landing unless its a top mount frame and you hit ridiculously hard, even then it will be not nearly the same effect as early on.

As far as racing, its not a feature recomended for racing.

Why?

Airmode will cause you to float too much in corners and in elevation changes. In racing you want to cut the throttle and fall like a rock sometimes, and alot more often then ever needing to "float". For this reason racers typically fly with Airmode off.

Hope I Helped....

Reactions: Jtrjr
Chef,

It helped a lot, thank you! I wish we could delete the yesterday's thread. I, and I'm sure many others. could sure use your kind of experience around here.

Jerry

Chef,

It helped a lot, thank you! I wish we could delete the yesterday's thread. I, and I'm sure many others. could sure use your kind of experience around here.

Jerry
Ehhh I wouldn't have it any other way. I know I'm an acquired taste, and I'm not the normal cookie cutter individual.... I also recognize that folks are passionate about this forum and their own interests.

I just wanted to be clear that if you get to know me you'll see I'm not what you think most the time. Just me being me!

Let the record stand to remind us all to be a little more open of a window when the breeze blows in!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleveniseven