Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

arris 250

auto2

Reaction score
hi, so I bought the arris 250 rtf deal .should have it in a few days. I built a fpv blade quad with a carbon chassis a few years ago so this should be interesting.

here is the one i made years ago. kinda before fpv racing was popular.

Attachments

• quad.jpg
    quad.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
Reactions: VirtueViolater
hi, so I bought the arris 250 rtf deal .should have it in a few days. I built a fpv blade quad with a carbon chassis a few years ago so this should be interesting.
I purchased the arris c250 v2 . Excellent build quality,I wish I could give more info but I received both of these on the same day. We know who gets pappies attention!IMG_20170916_094707464.jpg

I purchased the arris c250 v2 . Excellent build quality,I wish I could give more info but I received both of these on the same day. We know who gets pappies attention!View attachment 1118
wow! congrats, yea mine moved out went to college and now stop by when they need something lol.I tried mine this morning and compared to what I made this is insane! have throttle turned down to 35 percent in the dual rate . seriouslly fast this is.on 100 I almost lost it giving it a throttle blip.was double the hight of the trees in a blink.going to try the fpv googles later.

wow! congrats, yea mine moved out went to college and now stop by when they need something lol.I tried mine this morning and compared to what I made this is insane! have throttle turned down to 35 percent in the dual rate . seriouslly fast this is.on 100 I almost lost it giving it a throttle blip.was double the hight of the trees in a blink.going to try the fpv googles later.
Thank you sir!
I have 2 of the moved out ones this is my first grandchild, which we have for a while.
Anyway, I have a little course in my backyard that destroys racing drones so I'm waiting to go to a more open area to get the feel of this one. I'm with you, compared to my builds this thing I awesome,I am new at building though

I purchased the arris c250 v2 . Excellent build quality,I wish I could give more info but I received both of these on the same day. We know who gets pappies attention!View attachment 1118
Strap that kid to that Arris and burn some paks through that thing!...lol (jk)
congratulations on both

Reactions: Chun
update guess i didnt turn the throttle down lol the throttle is channel 3. i had channel 1 turned down assuming it was throttle, guess i just got used to the throttle. but in dual rate you only have channel 1 2 and 4. so how do you dumb down the throttle? end point? and then where is expo for the throttle? on pack three and havnt crashed yet:) havnt tried the goggle yet.

Strap that kid to that Arris and burn some paks through that thing!...lol (jk)
congratulations on both
Thank you sir!
Love the idea, think some six in props w 6s pack. I'll post. How it turns out.......
Nope shot down by Grandma
Thanks for the sense of humor, needed for a grandparent in this situation.love my time with her but really didn't want to raise her. Back on topic , can't wait for some FPV time with the other new baby! It's cammo blue so I think it's a boy.

Thank you sir!
Love the idea, think some six in props w 6s pack. I'll post. How it turns out.......
Nope shot down by Grandma
Thanks for the sense of humor, needed for a grandparent in this situation.love my time with her but really didn't want to raise her. Back on topic , can't wait for some FPV time with the other new baby! It's cammo blue so I think it's a boy.
At least when changing batteries on the boy it doesnt smell as bad as changing the girl...lol

Reactions: Chun
ha! you have to duck with the boy....i just cant believe how fast this thing is. all my blade quads were junk compared to this. i was doing oval circles in my yard got too close to the tree gave it full throttle (i dont know why) to go over the tree and it went up so high i almost lost it.

so i went for one last flight this evening, curious to check out the led lights on the side cause their super bright. i plugged batttery in the esc did its thing the motors chirped like they do and then the side lights went out and smoke came out from it. it now has that wonderful burnt electrical smell........hobbywing is closed for the weekend . i so want to just plug the battery back in with the top lid off and see what smokes. i hope they mail me a new one and i can just mail this back to them.........

Cant let the magic smoke out....lol. Sorry for your loss. Some shops have a one crash/issue policy, good luck to ya, keep us informed.

so i went for one last flight this evening, curious to check out the led lights on the side cause their super bright. i plugged batttery in the esc did its thing the motors chirped like they do and then the side lights went out and smoke came out from it. it now has that wonderful burnt electrical smell........hobbywing is closed for the weekend . i so want to just plug the battery back in with the top lid off and see what smokes. i hope they mail me a new one and i can just mail this back to them.........
Thinking back, i had a diatone crusader 130 and when using 4s paks i had to unplug my leds or they would burn. Long story short, it may still fly

yea, so apparently hobbywing and hobby-wing are different companies? if I don't hear from them,ill plug it back in with the top plate off and see what happens.does this pick look suspicious?

Attachments

• 20170916_202519.jpg
    20170916_202519.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 5
this is with top plate off

Attachments

• 20170916_202002.jpg
    20170916_202002.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
update, i plugged the battery in and waited for the smoke. its the camera! smells wonderful. so with the camera unplugged im back flying. no fpv untill i get the camera warentee ( i hope) just gonna practice different orientations and doing figure 8's and stuff. wait! actually i have a camera on my crawler i made .an fpv crawler lol

Attachments

• 20170917_121343.jpg
    20170917_121343.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
update, i plugged the battery in and waited for the smoke. its the camera! smells wonderful. so with the camera unplugged im back flying. no fpv untill i get the camera warentee ( i hope) just gonna practice different orientations and doing figure 8's and stuff. wait! actually i have a camera on my crawler i made .an fpv crawler lol
I love the smell of burned electronics in the morning. i have a realacc x210 frame with 4-5 builds on it and lots of crashes including flaming crashes...lol. It still smells of burned electronics, cant make myself throw it out

now a flaming crash would be something to see. my quad is running perfect (just no camera) lol im afraid to try fpv at my house anyway. trees and wires everywhere.
one thing i might look into is it has bright leds on both sides but i would like one in the rear so i know orientation from far away better.its scary when you loose it and have to guess which way is up at night. a single light in the rear would fix that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007