Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata 2 newbie question - frame rates

Mazdaman

Reaction score
Hi folks ,
Only recently purchased my first avata 2 / Fpv type drone. I intend to combine its footage with that of my tradition drones - Mavic 3 / air 3 / mini 3 to bring a new dimension to what I was currently doing . What framerate should I be using to achieve best results. I always shoot at 24 FPS but in the video below I used 30 fps 4k on both the avata 2 and on mini 4 , yet I am told in the video comments that the footage is choppy . Can anyone please advise on how best to incorporate my avata 2 footage with my other drone footage . I include the video in question below (first time post avata 2 footage so be gentle) and you'll see the comments on same regarding choppiness. Any help and advice going forward would be much appreciated.

in the video below I used 30 fps 4k on both the avata 2 and on mini 4 , yet I am told in the video comments that the footage is choppy
You didn't change your video editor to use a 30fps timeline, so it's converting your 30fps footage to 24 and making it jerky in the process.

1714593227832.png

Reactions: Pygar70
I think it's a silly myth using 24 or 30 frames a second. 60 frames a second 4K gives you very smooth video. Especially when you're going fast, that's why it's there.

I think it's a silly myth using 24 or 30 frames a second. 60 frames a second 4K gives you very smooth video. Especially when you're going fast, that's why it's there.
I would agree that 24 fps is unsuitable for fast and low - what the Avata is typically used for, and why it doesn't have that option. However, I've had trouble with 60 fps in low-light - the video being darker than at lower frame rates in the same conditions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV