Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

AVATA Dunking - or how NOT to wash your AVATA...

AlbionDrones

Reaction score
So, we had a droning day ut to meet with friends in the Lake District, I took all 3 drones - MINI3 Pro, AIR3 and AVATA, and the second location was the wonderful Ashness bridge, which just demanded flying under with the AVATA, all good until a sensor error sends my drone off sideways into a rock and it dropped into a small pool at the side of the river, landing half submerged...

Thankfully a bit of drying and a new memory card and it was all ok, has been 3 weeks now and I have flown in Glencoe, Skye and flew twice more on the day it happened - I reckon I was exceptionally lucky!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pedz and Dustydoug
That bridge definitely demanded flying under! Flying low over water and in close confines is always a bit nerve-wracking. You never know when the downward sensors are going to collect erroneous readings from the water below and send you careening off into the bushes or rocks. I wish we could disable them.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
The Avata2 works much better over water that the original Avata. I have given the several original Avata baths.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
The Avata2 works much better over water that the original Avata. I have given the several original Avata baths.
Apart from this one flight my AVATA1 has behaved quite well, even when flying lowish over water... These 3 are all in the last 2 weeks, since it took its bath...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPV_Dom