Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Gesture-based RC (handlebar)

cdi_hbar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got into drones about 4 years ago, as a software engineer with a startup.

I worked alongside some experienced FPV pilots and racers, and I wanted to fly also, but the learning curve was kind of too steep for me. My first flights were just crash, crash, fly to the moon, etc. It was a little demoralizing.

I had an idea for how to make it easier, and with some friends, I've been working on something for a while.

It's a handlebar-shaped controller that operates based on 3-D inputs from the pilot. The pilot makes gestures of pitch/roll/yaw, and these are made into the appropriate control signal.

I'm sharing it here with the hope that some forum members might tell me what you think.

Thanks for any feedback or AMA, positive or negative, it would really mean a lot to me.

- Alan

Attachments

• IMG_20240903_150841577.jpg
    IMG_20240903_150841577.jpg
    982.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: okw
I think I would need to see that in action to know whether it could work well, but it is certainly innovative! A two-handed version of the DJI motion controller perhaps. Good luck!

Thank you! I'm thinking of maybe taking it around the country on a little road trip, to get in-person feedback. Also, we made a demo vid:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nkit96