Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Battery Charger

HardHabits

Reaction score
New pilot here, trying to get the necessities needed in order to really get into this hobby. Started with micro quads, and just learning now to really get this FPV thing down. Having tons of fun. However, I'm learning that these lipo batteries are very sensitive things, and of course right now I can only charge one at a time with a standard charger that just plugs right into a normal outlet. I've read that this isn't the best thing for these type of batteries and I really should be charging them the recommended way on the recommended settings. Does anybody have any good recommendations for chargers around the $50 to $60 range?

Most batteries have multiple cells at 3.7V (nominal) per cell. This gives higher voltage of 7.4V for 2S, 11.1V for 3S, etc. 3S and 4S are the most common for brushless builds of about 100mm and up.

Some good chargers are the imax B6AC for cheap and the EVPeak A1 which is sometimes on sale for about $70 or so. GetFPV had a sale when I got mine.

Ah ok gotcha! Thank you for the info, I appreciate the help guys!

I'm flying the tiny whoop Blade Inductrix right now, and using the small 220 mAh 1S. Learning to fly this around the house with my FPV goggles, but would like to graduate to bigger racing quads eventually. So I'm slowly starting to get the necessities, and hope to do a build soon.

But right now charging batteries fast enough and correctly to keep me flying is my concern at the moment, so this helps.

Thanks again!

Yep, no problem. Balance chargers make sure each cell is charged to the same voltage on 2S and above batteries. It is basically a requirement to keep batteries healthy. Use a parallel charging board to charge multiple batteries at once, but make sure they are all at storage voltage of 3.7V/cell first. A good charger has a storage function.

Reactions: HardHabits
Ah ok gotcha! Thank you for the info, I appreciate the help guys!

I'm flying the tiny whoop Blade Inductrix right now, and using the small 220 mAh 1S. Learning to fly this around the house with my FPV goggles, but would like to graduate to bigger racing quads eventually. So I'm slowly starting to get the necessities, and hope to do a build soon.

But right now charging batteries fast enough and correctly to keep me flying is my concern at the moment, so this helps.

Thanks again!
Once you get your charger you might want to check out the Crazepony 1S parallel charging board. I use it for my Inductrix batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Okuani Ratty