Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

BetaFlight Tune for iFlight Cinebee 4K Whoop

SpeedBump

Reaction score
Hi,
Just joined the group and looking forward to some great discussions.

as my first post, I’m looking for a Cinematic BetaFlight Tune for my iFlight Cinebee 4K Whoop?

thank you.

BTW, I really think you would get a better suggestion for your Cinebee PID's and tune from one of the Facebook groups, either "iFlight RC", or "Team iFlight FPV".

Are you running the stock 3.5.7 or have you started 'tinkering' ?

I don't like stuff not running the latest available software... and multicopter code develops (read: improves) so rapidly, you can't really afford to stand still, especially with copters at this scale.

Changes to my Cinebee 75 4K so far:

Upgrade to Betaflight 4.1.6
Flashed 4in1 ESC with JazzMaverick 16.8 inc. support for dshot_bidir
Custom PID tune and RPM filtering enabled - still working on this, I had a flyaway with minimal filters, but it could have been bad PIDs, so I'm still working on reducing filtering now I've got the PID tune working OK.
Installed FrSky R9MM. Tried F.port initially but found the board won't support bidirectional half-duplex operation on the T2 pad, and only get control (no telemetry) on the nT2 pad, so to get telemetry I flashed the R9MM back to SBUS + Smartport and resource mapped a SoftSerial TX (LED pad).
Attached an OSD joystick fly-lead to the back of the hybrid's lens module - I don't understand why this was not included - another glaring omission by iFlight.

iFlight support was utter crap when I logged tickets - I was left completely on my own to interpret their poor responses and ended up fixing everything myself. Won't be buying another iFlight product as their Team Manager bloke accused me of giving him 'attitude' when I said I felt they weren't listening to my questions and answering them appropriately. I don't know... snowflake millenials these days have no backbone, clearly - and no business sense - you don't insult your paying customers, even if they deserve it!

Tarsier is better than the Runcam Hybrid IMO, for a number of reasons (mostly practical ones, like easy USB port access for video files and wifi for config changes). Overall, I think I prefer my BetaFPV 85x 4K over this CineBee. At least F.port works properly and it's easy to get footage off it without having to unmount the SD card every time.

Last edited:

I don't like stuff not running the latest available software... and multicopter code develops (read: improves) so rapidly, you can't really afford to stand still, especially with copters at this scale.

Custom PID tune and RPM filtering enabled - still working on this, I had a flyaway with minimal filters, but it could have been bad PIDs, so I'm still working on reducing filtering now I've got the PID tune working OK.
Installed FrSky R9MM. Tried F.port initially but found the board won't support bidirectional half-duplex operation on the T2 pad, and only get control (no telemetry) on the nT2 pad, so to get telemetry I flashed the R9MM back to SBUS + Smartport and resource mapped a SoftSerial TX (LED pad).
Attached an OSD joystick fly-lead to the back of the hybrid's lens module - I don't understand why this was not included - another glaring omission by iFlight.

iFlight support was utter crap when I logged tickets - I was left completely on my own to interpret their poor responses and ended up fixing everything myself. Won't be buying another iFlight product as their Team Manager bloke accused me of giving him 'attitude' when I said I felt they weren't listening to my questions and answering them appropriately. I don't know... snowflake millenials these days have no backbone, clearly - and no business sense - you don't insult your paying customers, even if they deserve it!

Tarsier is better than the Runcam Hybrid IMO, for a number of reasons (mostly practical ones, like easy USB port access for video files and wifi for config changes). Overall, I think I prefer my BetaFPV 85x 4K over this CineBee. At least F.port works properly and it's easy to get footage off it without having to unmount the SD card every time.

Thank you for all this info.
based on your experience with the FrSky R9MM Receiver, what would recommend that I use if I was to install the a Jumper R1F Receiver?

Thank you,
Sam

Last edited:

Forgot to ask if you can share your Tune so that when I do flash BetaFlight 4.1.6 and the ESC with JazzMaverick 16.8 in, I can try it on my Cinebee 4K.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas