Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Brand new build, no video from VTX/Cam

ScottyFpv

Reaction score
Just got done building a new 5" quad. I'm having trouble with video. I've double checked that all the wires from the VTX and camera are where they're supposed to be. VTX seems to be working fine, all 3 leds are lit. Just no video. I've used this exact VTX and camera before and they were working. So I'm thinking something else is up. Is there anything I'm missing? Usually theres no programming involved with the VTX and cam in order for them to work. They've always been automatic for me. I'm still a newb to FPV so its likely i'm doing something wrong.

FC Diatone Mamba F405 Mk2 F50
VTX AKK FX3 Ultimate Mini

The wiring looks like the image I've attached. Thats the card that came with the FC. And the VTX is correct. It may be bad, its also not responding to the button on the board. The leds are suppose to blink in accordance with what button press is done. But they just stay solid. And when I plug the board into my pc, betaflight doesn't have the video transmitter tab.View attachment 20201009_062849.jpg

Rules of thumb for this are...

Black screen means vTX is working but if no OSD then the output of the FC's OSD circuit is not working (bad FC)
Snow means vTX is not working
If you get the BF OSD and a black screen it is the cam or the input to the OSD on the FC (bad FC OSD circuit)
To troubleshoot you can hook the cam video directly to the vTX (bypassing the FC), if you get a pic then it is the FC and OSD circuit (bad FC) and if not then it is likely the camera.

Reactions: ScottyFpv
Rules of thumb for this are...

Black screen means vTX is working but if no OSD then the output of the FC's OSD circuit is not working (bad FC)
Snow means vTX is not working
If you get the BF OSD and a black screen it is the cam or the input to the OSD on the FC (bad FC OSD circuit)
To troubleshoot you can hook the cam video directly to the vTX (bypassing the FC), if you get a pic then it is the FC and OSD circuit (bad FC) and if not then it is likely the camera.
It was the VTX, bought a new one and I have video now. My new problem is getting this pesky DSMX receiver to go into bind mode...grrr. I'm following the guides but it doesn't want to go into bind mode..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux