Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Breaking my distance record, went over 1km. IFLIGHT TITAN XL5 HD

Madhungarian

Reaction score
The smoke has been pretty bad here in CA, I decided to fly out to the top of the hill, did two passes in different directions. The homeless people have left a couple of weeks ago. The XM receiver and DJI system held up quite well, still hesitant to go all the way on the first pass, will try when I have better angle from taking off.

The smoke has been pretty bad here in CA, I decided to fly out to the top of the hill, did two passes in different directions. The homeless people have left a couple of weeks ago. The XM receiver and DJI system held up quite well, still hesitant to go all the way on the first pass, will try when I have better angle from taking off.
Nice, fitted a crossfire setup and GPS to my Titan last weekend (took out the xm+) and flew at work today with the intention of seeing if I could make it out to a spot probably 1 km away. Fairly windy day and I was sitting at just on 100 kph heading out and when i spun around to check the wind, was slogging away at about 25 kph. Gave up doing the full run due to concerns over the battery(1500mah 4S) but i reckon i would have been close to the 1 km mark when i turned around. I'll give it another run when the desert wind drops off but your scenery is way better than mine. I would say your run was well over 1 km, how was your battery holding up on 6S at cruising speed?

Reactions: Madhungarian
Nice, fitted a crossfire setup and GPS to my Titan last weekend (took out the xm+) and flew at work today with the intention of seeing if I could make it out to a spot probably 1 km away. Fairly windy day and I was sitting at just on 100 kph heading out and when i spun around to check the wind, was slogging away at about 25 kph. Gave up doing the full run due to concerns over the battery(1500mah 4S) but i reckon i would have been close to the 1 km mark when i turned around. I'll give it another run when the desert wind drops off but your scenery is way better than mine. I would say your run was well over 1 km, how was your battery holding up on 6S at cruising speed?
Thanks Tevek, Crossfire is the way to go, it's just my transmitter Jumper T8sg plus v3 needs to be taken apart and have 2 pins to be bridged in order to get it to work with deviation and the crossfire module correctly.I replaced my transmitter antenna with a 5db and that has helped. I am still in the infancy in long range when it comes to flying freestyle, it's just that with the new DJI system you feel like you can go far(no static).I currently have it set to 50mb in high quality and just enjoy the scenery. The whole flight the image in the goggles was amazing. I am running Ovionic 1300mah 6s and I was at 22.1v when I landed, could have flown probably another minute or so, battery held up good. Gps is nice, my Titan came with it, have yet to try the gps rescue, probably will soon. Rssi on the xm never went below 80. Very minimal wind for me this time. This drone however is heavy, was maybe thinking of trying out the Flywoo Explorer Lr, you probably have seen everyone doing reviews about it on youtube boasting its 20-30 min flight time. Have a great day.

Reactions: tevek
Thanks Tevek, Crossfire is the way to go, it's just my transmitter Jumper T8sg plus v3 needs to be taken apart and have 2 pins to be bridged in order to get it to work with deviation and the crossfire module correctly.I replaced my transmitter antenna with a 5db and that has helped. I am still in the infancy in long range when it comes to flying freestyle, it's just that with the new DJI system you feel like you can go far(no static).I currently have it set to 50mb in high quality and just enjoy the scenery. The whole flight the image in the goggles was amazing. I am running Ovionic 1300mah 6s and I was at 22.1v when I landed, could have flown probably another minute or so, battery held up good. Gps is nice, my Titan came with it, have yet to try the gps rescue, probably will soon. Rssi on the xm never went below 80. Very minimal wind for me this time. This drone however is heavy, was maybe thinking of trying out the Flywoo Explorer Lr, you probably have seen everyone doing reviews about it on youtube boasting its 20-30 min flight time. Have a great day.
I agree the problem is to not push too far with the DJI setup as I know i'll be in for the long walk if it all goes wrong. Also flying in 50mbps and need to ignore the channel signal strength occasionally and just watch the bitrate (hopefully DJI fix that up in the next FW update). You're right about the weight of the titan but with that comes a lot more stability in the some of the 'breezes' we have out here. I have a DC2 and DC3 that get smacked about in anything above a reasonable wind so bring the bigger quad to work.
Like most people, although I've been flying/crashing RC stuff for years, came through the mega distance, autonomous Phantoms, Mavics etc and the novelty wore off and here I find myself getting back into mid range trips. Big difference is these days we build our gear and fly using a bit more skill.
I might have a look at the Flywoo Explorer LR although sending it off into the distance brings back the fears I had on some of my stupid Litchi missions.
Take it easy.

Reactions: Madhungarian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone