Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can I heat shrink my vtx

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
He would I be able to heat shrink my vtx or use the side that’s gonna be touching my carbon fiber frame and put shrink wrap on that or would just electric tape work. Could I wrap the vtx in electrical tape or on side of it

The ideal set up is to use clear heatshrink and ziptie it directly against the frame with no double-sided tape the as vtx can get pretty hot and the carbon fibre acts as a big heat sink

Reactions: Torc
Okay cool. Am I get away with cutting a tiny slot for the button and small window for the number display. But cover everything else. Also under the main plug port on the backside is two tiny sharp pins. This will most likely eventually pierce te heatshrink. Should I mount with lcd screen up so I can see it and just make sure nothing comes into contact with those perturbing pins on underbelly like with electrical tape or something plus my frame is like the remix frame so everything mounted upside down and my vtx would be on top plate. Pictures of the vtx and pins I’m talking about below

Last edited:
:)

Attachments

• A01447F6-839A-4B80-A439-2A8285023B6F.jpeg
    A01447F6-839A-4B80-A439-2A8285023B6F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 096F3A00-99BC-4D88-BDFB-F1D40ADC38CA.jpeg
    096F3A00-99BC-4D88-BDFB-F1D40ADC38CA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
You could connect that smart audio pin to a spare UART and have control of your settings from your radio, wouldn't have to worry about the orientation of your vtx. They implement these cool features, may as well take advantage!

Reactions: Keifie
here's one example... the VTX. I wanted some air to get around it at least so I kept the pad small (it was thick as s**t though and I'm concerned about dirt and longevity).
img_8940-jpg.1405
the primary concerns were keeping the buttons on both boards clear of each other while still keeping the plugs clear/ available

ive had no issues with heat or dirt with this setup
img_8941-jpg.1406

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RcRen