Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can I record my flight IPhone?

Greg Vos

Reaction score
guys please can you advise and if so tell me how ? I would like to record a flight with my phone plugged in to the goggles I have the IPhone 12 I do see the camera feed on the phone I just don’t know how to record it ?

guys please can you advise and if so tell me how ? I would like to record a flight with my phone plugged in to the goggles I have the IPhone 12 I do see the camera feed on the phone I just don’t know how to record it ?
Are you aware that you have two SD cards and can record to both at the same time?

I am I was just hoping to save it direct to the phone without the hassle of removing cards plugging in a pc and then trying to get it on there to say a wotsapp ? Taking recording and sharing it like that is teal pia and if it was possible to just record it as if if was just letting say a friend enjoy the flight with me would be a nice touch after all the video is on the phone or tablet when using DJI fly app so I’m just not sure how to record that .

Curious... can't you just plug an adapter into your iPhone and mount the SD card on the phone directly? That's what I do with my Android phone, and then play the video directly.

'Been doing it this way foe many years.

I am currently using this one, under $10 on Amazon:

41QT3aJTyDL._AC_SY780_.jpg

slide your micro SD card in at the USB C end, then plug it into either your phone with the C connector, or your PC with the A end. I didn't look, but if you have a lightning connector, I'm sure there is an SD adapter.

Access video files directly on your phone.

Reactions: Greg Vos
So this got me thinking about all this and wondering, "is there an adapter that supports UHS II cards?" It's a little more expensive, but with the right adapter, transfer speeds are SO much faster. I have a bunch of USB-A and full-size SD card adapters for PC use, having come with the cards.

It's the difference between a few minutes to copy a 32GB card vs 20 minutes. I'm impatient enough for the extra cost to be more than worth it.

So, I spent some time finding a true UHS-II capable USB-C micro SD adapter, so I can have the high speed interface out in the field with my phone. Just ordered one of these:

Anker USB-C SD 4.0 Card Reader, PowerExpand+ 2-in-1 Memory Card Reader, for SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC Card, UHS-II, and UHS-I Cards

I am I was just hoping to save it direct to the phone without the hassle of removing cards plugging in a pc and then trying to get it on there to say a wotsapp ? Taking recording and sharing it like that is teal pia and if it was possible to just record it as if if was just letting say a friend enjoy the flight with me would be a nice touch after all the video is on the phone or tablet when using DJI fly app so I’m just not sure how to record that .
So this camera feed on your phone, what kind of connector does it use? Does the Apple documentation say that this connector is for video?

So this camera feed on your phone, what kind of connector does it use? Does the Apple documentation say that this connector is for video?
It's the DJI device being plugged via USB, like everything else DJI.

Reactions: Greg Vos
I have a simple iPhone 12 I now record the video via the cable from the goggles via the usb c direct to the phone and use the screen shot record that puts it into the gallery then I edit the first and last seconds then I blu tooth it to my tv and watch it over a beer no cards no fuss no pc, I’m not using avata for pics or footage to make or sell pics just a toy to fly when I’m not working ( flying the real thing) 🤣..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deco