Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Avata Gimble?

ApriliaJoe

Reaction score
My Family members have asked me to fly their Property Lines and record them for their Records. I noticed I can only move my gimble up/down when not in motion. I've tried to take-off in the lower position but it immediately moves to in-flight safe goggle-view ahead.
Is there a way to record down if I don't have a manual controller yet (late January)?

I don't think there's any way to do it in flight with either the Motion Controller or the FPV Controller, but have you tried to do it with head tracking?

Yes.

You can adjust the gimbal angle in-flight with the slider on the left side of the Motion Controller. When you do this, you will see the flight direction circle move in the opposite direction in the goggles. I.e. pitch the camera down, the circle will move toward the top of the view.

The drone will fly in the direction of the the target circle as usual, but the camera will be looking in the direction you've aimed it.

Reactions: Barbara
Yes.

You can adjust the gimbal angle in-flight with the slider on the left side of the Motion Controller. When you do this, you will see the flight direction circle move in the opposite direction in the goggles. I.e. pitch the camera down, the circle will move toward the top of the view.

The drone will fly in the direction of the the target circle as usual, but the camera will be looking in the direction you've aimed it.
I wondered if that was happening when I slid the slider adjuster but watching the gauge in the goggles the positive and/or negative numbers would change while flying. Checking its action, while sitting, the gimbal will move fully in both directions.

I find the slider only controls the camera up/ down when it’s in the RTH state
head tracking allows it some movement up down and left right, but in flight the left right is yawing the aircraft in flight so it’s not quite the same as a gimbal

Tried this yesterday and can confirm that, with the FPV Controller 2, the gimbal functions like a traditional camera drone gimbal in Normal Mode. At least for me, the Motion Controller gimbal slider does not, however.

I'll have to test and verify, if I'm still on this mortal coil, after God finishes punishing the Santa Cruz, CA coast and mountains for our hippies and hedonistic culture.

We are literally under shelter-in-place orders. Not COVID. Water falling out of the sky.

IIRC this came up once before, I incorrectly said it worked because it DOES on the FPV, the way I described it, but doesn't on the Avata.

I'll test tomorrow when we're supposed to have a break – if mudslides and fallen trees haven't blocked all the doors.

This chit's really scary, and worrisome... Humor is how I get through it. Let the funny fly, gang.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput