Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can't take off for first flight!

xell

Reaction score
So i just got the DJI FPV and i think it's all registered and setup and now only seems to throw the warning "GPS and vision system unavailable cannot hover fly with caution" or whatnot.

Well I'm trying in my living room because i got it late and it took forever to update and everything.
I get visual through the goggles and through the app connected to the goggles and the controller works because i can move the gimble... but she won't take off.

So scared!

So i just got the DJI FPV and i think it's all registered and setup and now only seems to throw the warning "GPS and vision system unavailable cannot hover fly with caution" or whatnot.

Well I'm trying in my living room because i got it late and it took forever to update and everything.
I get visual through the goggles and through the app connected to the goggles and the controller works because i can move the gimble... but she won't take off.

So scared!
Yikes!!! You should be scared. Trying to fly a drone like this indoors is dangerous. This is not the best idea, and I probably would think twice about posting this type of poor judgement online. It's not helping the public perception of drone pilots. Take it outside!

if you're not convinced, google drone injuries or indoor drone damage. LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: xell
We have been flying indoors , your just in low light , and the signal is most likely weak. how are you trying to take off exactly ?

Chatted in a discord last night and it seems, yeah, likely just too dark inside and all that. Had a panic over my new expensive toy, ya know.
I'll know shortly if it's just inside issues :)

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Nope!
Well i was able to find gps sats and got all the warnings about my area but nothing to say it won't fly, The icons at the bottom right are all white except for the little arrow pointing to what looks like a wifi sigil. That's Red. Everything else responds except for the propellers. I try ti press the joystick up: nothing. I tap the right shoulder button: nothing. I hold it down: nothing. I'm a bit worried now.

I went on my balcony and GPS and lights aren't throwing warnings. Just no go.

Nope!
Well i was able to find gps sats and got all the warnings about my area but nothing to say it won't fly, The icons at the bottom right are all white except for the little arrow pointing to what looks like a wifi sigil. That's Red. Everything else responds except for the propellers. I try ti press the joystick up: nothing. I tap the right shoulder button: nothing. I hold it down: nothing. I'm a bit worried now.

I went on my balcony and GPS and lights aren't throwing warnings. Just no go.
Just to Clarify your holding both stick down and in correct ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV in the Rain and Land on Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: A.O. and xell
Its exactly the same as a Mavic in Normal an Sport mode, as long you have GPS lock your safe.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic and FNP in the Rain and land on Water.
good gps lock.... thats stable.... in your house?

OK, you're right. On top of that, the fpv also doesnt have break away arms or props. Regardless of how its just as slow as a mavic in normal mode, a mavic is safe compared to his thing.

Careful flying indoors with this puppy. However , that said, I did light up the props in my apartment in the dark without issue, and frankly I didn't bother to check for sats because I wasn't planning on even hovering, I have hovered my Autel EVOII in my living room. Hey I live alone, only one in danger of being mamed is me. If you take it outside and continue having the same problem I would reach out to DJI CS and see if they can be of help.

Last edited:
Can someone help my dji fpv drone won't hover in any mode the arrow pointing to wifi looking symbol id red and I have tried everything I'm about to smash it up its just not working how it should

Can someone help my dji fpv drone won't hover in any mode the arrow pointing to wifi looking symbol id red and I have tried everything I'm about to smash it up its just not working how it should

the arrow is collision avoidance....

how many gps satellites do you have?
the satellite this will turn from red(?) to white around 15 (iirc) , and you should not take off before you it turns white. not having a strong gps signal will mean, the position is not locked, and so the drone will start to 'wander'
( I thought it has a warning if you try to take off before this... but cant say I tried)

you'll also want a strong gps, otherwise your return to home will be inaccurate

(Im assuming there are no other status message showing )

if you have decent gps coverage showing, then Id also look at doing an IMU and compass calibration - this is in the goggles menu - and it walks you thru what needs to be done.

Reactions: Noobnoobnoob
This is not the best idea, and I probably would think twice about posting this type of poor judgement online. It's not helping the public perception of drone pilots. Take it outside!
I'm glad this was posted publicly, preventing serious injury with new, ignorant pilots than some bad impression that might happen with non-pilots that don't bother with this site to begin with.

@xell, the FPV is not and indoor drone. Too large, way way too powerful. Props not caged/ducted. triblade. This is a very real, and not unlikely risk:

2013060614.37.56.jpg

...or far worse.

Get a Mini 2 with the prop cages to fly inside.

I'm glad this was posted publicly, preventing serious injury with new, ignorant pilots than some bad impression that might happen with non-pilots that don't bother with this site to begin with.

@xell, the FPV is not and indoor drone. Too large, way way too powerful. Props not caged/ducted. triblade. This is a very real, and not unlikely risk:

2013060614.37.56.jpg

...or far worse.

Get a Mini 2 with the prop cages to fly inside.
OUCH!!!

• Wow
Reactions: A.O.
Glad that wasn't me ?

Doing a search for drone injury images is like a seriously messed up sadistic photo gallery. After seeing some of those, from relatively tame camera drones, the FPV gets a bit scary.

It scares me thinking what a drone with the power and rigid props – three opportunities to slice with each revolution, and many more RPM than their camera cousins – the FPV has.

Gonna be ugly when those injuries start coming in.

Flying any drone without blade guards is risk to any person or creature. I waited until the guards came out to fly mine. They can do lot off damage as that photo shows. The FPV is powerful and about 2lbs you do not want to get hit or hit someone else.

• Sad
Reactions: Fast and Curious
We have been flying indoors , your just in low light , and the signal is most likely weak. how are you trying to take off exactly ?
Yo, @Phantomrain.org , one of my favorite people around here, would I be on the right track in assuming "indoors" is a bit more roomy for you guys compared to the average jaboney like me trying to fly in my living room? ;):cool::D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax