Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Care Refresh after 48 hours

Hey guys just thought I'd update.

DJI originally said I needed to send the drone back to them for verification.

I emailed back and said that's ridiculous.

A few days later and they have now sent me a procedure to do video verification for the FPV Drone.

Just a heads up if there's anyone else in this situation.

State Farm Insurance, wow! That's a great policy for 1 yr @ $75 w no deductible... and a stand alone policy too. I've heard StateFarm has nice drone coverage.

At $75 yr, that's stunning; I can see a Mavic Pro and it's associated Risk. Normally policy is based on product value and Actuarial Risk. An FPV drone, especially a high cost DJI FPV and it's intended market would be considered high risk and very high probability of damage & associated claims.

Even the DJI Insurance (Care Refresh) indicates high Risk with not only the Policy Price but the Deduction on Replacement is well above the normal. Adding a 2nd year for additional $100 adds 1 additional craft replacements, total of 3 maximum allowed in 2 years.

Statefarm obviously isn't aware of FPV Sport vs Photography Drones. I'd be curious of coverage with multiple crashes... or as time progresses and they learn what they're insuring. To the Owner's benefit, they may consider DJI products within same bracket of use and risk.

DJI as a sUAV Company, offering more than Other sUAV Manufacturers by offering an Insurance Repalcement.

Statefarm obviously isn't aware of FPV Sport vs Photography Drones.
I really doubt that. They're in this business to make money.

Rather, I think it's all of us insurance underwriter poseurs that don't understand the actual risk data.

State Farm Insurance, wow! That's a great policy for 1 yr @ $75 w no deductible... and a stand alone policy too. I've heard StateFarm has nice drone coverage.

At $75 yr, that's stunning; I can see a Mavic Pro and it's associated Risk. Normally policy is based on product value and Actuarial Risk. An FPV drone, especially a high cost DJI FPV and it's intended market would be considered high risk and very high probability of damage & associated claims.

Even the DJI Insurance (Care Refresh) indicates high Risk with not only the Policy Price but the Deduction on Replacement is well above the normal. Adding a 2nd year for additional $100 adds 1 additional craft replacements, total of 3 maximum allowed in 2 years.

Statefarm obviously isn't aware of FPV Sport vs Photography Drones. I'd be curious of coverage with multiple crashes... or as time progresses and they learn what they're insuring. To the Owner's benefit, they may consider DJI products within same bracket of use and risk.

DJI as a sUAV Company, offering more than Other sUAV Manufacturers by offering an Insurance Repalcement.

Well, my experience with State Farm was that they accepted two claims over 3 years and then cancelled my policy and won't insure me anymore... Since 2016 BTW. I actually walked into an agent last year, paid for a policy and got a refund a few days later. Hahaha! That being said, the process was painless with the claims that I had.

Reactions: dougcjohn
I really doubt that. They're in this business to make money.

Rather, I think it's all of us insurance underwriter poseurs that don't understand the actual risk data.
Insurance Co, Agent, and Underwritter... in the scheme of the Policy... all within the "Insurance" to the Buyer. I'd agree, starts with the Underwriters and Actuarial Data. Totally agree, only in it to make money... which was my point, they won't cover for long if Owner has many claims... which if DJI FPV, would likely have multiple Claims.

Incidently I did call a local StateFarm... this is an "add on" / stand alone policy based on Hobbyist, non racing drone, no requirement to hold Other SF Insurance. When I described the manor of FPV flying they weren't aware "goggles" were worn and Operator had no visual of drone.... Concerning.
Although the Agent did state they would follow the StateFarm policy and would insure for $75 per yr with No Deductible.

When I inquired about coverage and "what if" drone was crashed... when would policy likely get dropped / canceled. The Agent indicated probably at the Next Annual Term renewal on 1st incident very likely and definitely on a 2nd incident.

Keep in mind too, that's Operator's claims... not just this one drone. If prior claim on say a MavicPro... that may prevent a new policy on FPV drone.

It's still a great option to obtain a replacement $750 Drone... although it's most likely not an on-going coverage if 1-2 crashes & replacements occur. Still for 1 replacement, much lower cost than DJI Refresh Insurance and can be added anytime.

When inquiring about sUAV business; liability & haul coverage for larger, higher cost sUAV's they had no interest to cover and the Agent indicated he didn't find where StateFarm had any coverage for Business sUAV.

That brought up another curiosity, if SkyWatch Insurance would provide Hull Coverage for a FPV class drone... buy an Hour Insurance during flight usage similar to normal Photography Drones.

Well, my experience with State Farm was that they accepted two claims over 3 years and then cancelled my policy and won't insure me anymore... Since 2016 BTW. I actually walked into an agent last year, paid for a policy and got a refund a few days later. Hahaha! That being said, the process was painless with the claims that I had.
Your experience is dead on as expected. Prior drone claims prevent new policy on new craft and policy dropped.

I wasn't aware of StateFarm's coverage, so within the 48 hr period, I purchased the 2 Yr, 3 Replacements DJI Plan... pricey at $300. I'm not a FPV flyer, so I'm assuming when Full Manual is tried... I may have a few replacements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax