Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Check-in! Hey yall! Pls Read!!!!

Tomkins2010

Reaction score
Hey guys! Noobie to the fpv scene but please hear me out. So ive been flying for a couple years now and im in a crossroads hoping for some direction. Ive been buying name brand rigs from my first Walmart special to mid-high level toy models 200-300. Gps, non gps, on board gimbal all that. Well upon further research there is a hobby level. Ive done hobby grade rc since i was old nuff to understand so i know im capable of a build. So heres my real question lol idk where to start. Like literally. For what i know, i think a long range freestyle is in the right direction but im not opposed to being corrected. Also i dont have much experience with goggle fpv. Ive always done a monitor type but id love to emdeavor further into goggles. Id like to have gps if that matters as far as frame selection. So for starters i need to best frame recommendation but all in all i wanna hear it from yall lol. With what yall know about what i know, is there any suggestions or anything i need to know. I appreciate it in advance.

Reactions: msinger and GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Although I don't have one, from what I've read you would like the DJI Avata

I have only been around a few months. Have the FPV and Avatar and Mini 2 but I too am looking to expand. Joshua Bardwell has a ton of videos on Youtube and DaveC and Iflight specialize in Long range FPV. Do yourself a favor and start in digital FPV. The DJI V2 can be had on eBay for around $300 refurbished and go from there. Youtube is your friend! Plan on spending lots of time.

Hey guys! Noobie to the fpv scene but please hear me out. So ive been flying for a couple years now and im in a crossroads hoping for some direction. Ive been buying name brand rigs from my first Walmart special to mid-high level toy models 200-300. Gps, non gps, on board gimbal all that. Well upon further research there is a hobby level. Ive done hobby grade rc since i was old nuff to understand so i know im capable of a build. So heres my real question lol idk where to start. Like literally. For what i know, i think a long range freestyle is in the right direction but im not opposed to being corrected. Also i dont have much experience with goggle fpv. Ive always done a monitor type but id love to emdeavor further into goggles. Id like to have gps if that matters as far as frame selection. So for starters i need to best frame recommendation but all in all i wanna hear it from yall lol. With what yall know about what i know, is there any suggestions or anything i need to know. I appreciate it in advance.
I started flying in 2015 and when the Avata came out I bought one . I have the DJI F450 , F550 , 4 other home builds , Phantom 1 , , Mavic Pro 1 , Mavic Air 2 , and Phantom 4 Pro . and out of all these drones the Avata is hands down by far the most fun to fly . I have the Avata with Goggles 2 and Motion controller . I have the first White Goggles with my Mavic Pro but that experience is nothing like flying the Avata . There are thousands of Avata videos on You-Tube but I came from a situation much like yours and you can check out what I went from to what I do now to see how the Avata affects my flying . Watch some older ones and then my newest ones Spencer Boaz on You-Tube . Hope this helps .

Reactions: Tomkins2010

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput