Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Connecting my HDZero Freestyle VTX to my flight controller?

kingofsquirrel

Reaction score
Hello guys!
I am quite new to the entire fpv-thing, but I wanted to start out by building my own fpv drone. I was following a guide and everything is working well, but I decided to use HDzero instead of the system that is being used in the guide. Now I have a problem.

I use the SpeedyBee F405 V3 Stack and the HDZero Freestyle VTX.
My prior electronics-experience and my experience with FPV wiring is, well, not quite advanced.
I'm trying my best, but I just can't figure out how to wire and solder the VTX to the FC.
Can anyone here help me and tell me where I need to solder what? I just can't figure it out.

Thanks so much in advance for any help, I really greatly appreciate it. I've been stuck with this for hours.

Don't really know from HDZero but other digital transmitters typically have 4 wires. The red one goes to a 5v pad & the black one goes to a ground pad, The other two go to an unused UART on the FC. The transmit ("T") on the VTX goes to the Receive ("R") on the FC and the receive ("R") on the VTX goes to the Transmit ("T") on the FC. Then you have to configure that UART to MSP in the ports tab in BF. You will want pinout diagrams for both the FC and the VTX to determine which goes to 'T' which goes to 'R'. Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18