Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

VTx Tables with EWRF Smart Audio

Eskimo

Reaction score
Very new to FPV drones. I'm working on setting up the VTx.

FC: Speedybee F405 V3 flight controller/ESC stack
VTx: EWRF model 008 (Banggood says: EWRF VTX 5.8Ghz 40CH 25mW/200mW/650mW Adjustable FPV Transmitter 20X20mm Support Smartaudio Betaflight). PCB says "W8095_V10". I think this might be called "brown bear 008".

Initially, I thought I needed some specific VTx table for this video transmitter but because I'm using Smart Audio, I believe I just need a standard SA table. Is this correct? I can't find a table for this VTx but I can find standard SA tables on BetaFlight wiki.

The next problem is if I can use a standard SA VTx table, then I need to know which version of SA my VTx is using. I have seen suggestions that I should use BetaFlight Blackbox and expert mode to find this version (
). However, I use SpeedyBee App to configure the FC and I can't quite figure out how to do these steps in SpeedyBee App. Should I assume that I have the most recent version of SA because I bought the VTx in November 2022? Can I connect to the FC with BetaFlight or would I need to change the firmware of the Speedybee F405 V3 to work with BetaFlight? Does anyone know how to do this in SpeedyBee App?

I'm still not sure how all this ties into my goggles yet but this is where I'm at so far.

Thanks!

Figured it out.

Despite a comment on the sellers website that this VTx uses Smart Audio 2.0; I found that it used SA 2.1. I might should have known this as the "vtx_info" CLI command showed you dBm settings with mW.

25 mW = 14 dBm
200 mW = 23 dBm
650 mW = 28 dBm

Anyway, before trying anything, I just had my goggles scan and it found a good, clear signal from the VTx. To be able to control the VTx, I tried a SA 2.0 table first; the signal was horrible and I wasn't able to change power level (I could change channel/band). When I tried SA 2.1, I was able to change modes but still the signal looked horrible. I disabled pitmode in the OSD menu (when disarmed, throttle mid, yaw left, pitch forward, no roll) and that worked great.

To check the mode for the VTx, I realized that holding the button on the VTx changed modes: normal -> channel -> band -> power level -> normal. Each mode was indicated by 1, 2 or 3 red flashes followed by blue flashes to indicate the channel/band/power level value.

Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: okw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax