Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

diatone GT2 2OO help needed-- F3 Board not connecting

TikiFPV

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the quad scene and picked up a GT2 from banggood since they were out of eachine wizards for two months. I have a Taranis, the GT2 200 by diatone (with D-link F3 board), and an XRS reciever. I connected the 5V, GRND, and SBus wires, successfully bound the reciever to the quad, but then while trying to setup betaflight, i couldnt get any response on the controller screen, I figured it was still in PPM mode, and went about changing my settings in betaflight to run serial. During this process, after hitting the update and save, the board rebooted, but then lost its connection and ever since then it wont connect. The error I get is "no configuration received after 10 seconds, communication failed". I have downloaded all the most recent drivers, not sure what to do next... frustrated and ready to just get out and fly.... Thanks in advance

-Your Friendly San Diego pilot

Tiki,

There are actually two USB connections on the GT2. The one on the bottom board, the left side of the bird when looking at it from the rear is for the VTX board. The one on the right side upper board (FC) is actually a pin connector that converts to a USB by a special cable that came with your bird. That is the connector you need to use to connect to Betaflight.

Jerry

Tiki,

There are actually two USB connections on the GT2. The one on the bottom board, the left side of the bird when looking at it from the rear is for the VTX board. The one on the right side upper board is actually a pin connector that converts to a USB by a special cable that came with your bird. That is the connector you need to use to connect to Betaflight.

Jerry
Thanks Jerry, but I am using the special pin cable that came with it

You don't have the battery connected, correct? On the GT2 one of the UART's is shared and the VTX needs to be physically unplugged if the battery is connected. If it's not connected it should open up Betaflight.

Jerry

Reactions: theGreenOrange
Tiki,

Did you ever actually get into Betaflight?

Jerry
Yes I was trying to setup betaflight for sbus when i save and updated, the board rebooted, and locked up losing connection and wouldnt connect since

You don't have the battery connected, correct? On the GT2 one of the UART's is shared and the VTX needs to be physically unplugged if the battery is connected. If it's not connected it should open up Betaflight.

Jerry
I will try unplugging the vtx and plugging in the battery, as well as the boot button suggested back in one minute

OK- tried unplugging the VTX, plugging in battery, then plugging in USB, tried boot button then power and only got the blue light and no flashing red, tried every combo therein, still getting the same error message, "no configuration received, communication failed"

Tiki,

You may have to reflash the board. I think you're right, something got screwed up when you tried to change to SBUS. If you reflash you should be able to get back into Betaflight. Then make sure you select RX Serial and SBUS below it. They both must be selected.

Jerry

could anyone provide me with *SUPER* clear instructions on how to reflash the board? I know these boards technically cant be bricked, but, well you get it..

Also- side note, the black plastic connectors on the ends of the wires that came on the harness for the GT2, I am to just insert the bare wire ends into them from the harness for the XSR, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax