Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Difficult to fly in pilot sight of view or FPV

koklimabc

Reaction score
There is no problem to fly in LOS (Line of Sight) but It is totally difficult to fly in Pilot sight of view aka FPV and I always ended to flip over on first until three seconds.

I'd attached a picture and what is it called from those highlighted in red circle (watermark?), does it help to better fly in real time espexially for newbie?

Appreciate any helpful tips in First Person View experience, Thanks.

Attachments

• Watermark.jpg
    Watermark.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 18
Its betaflight osd - on screen display (simulated rom real fpv flying) which you can turn it on/off in an actual betaflight controller.

Out of my head (dont remember the exact name), the vertical one is called: horizontal sidebar which shows your nose position how far its point below or above horizon.

The long horizontal one in the middle is called: artificial horizon which shows your drone actual stance compare to horizon .

And the center one is called: crosshair, which shows where the drone center point is pointing.

Its quite helpful at the beginning especially for newbie, because it shows how your drone is positioned because you cant see how your drone from outside (3rd person point of view), unlike when you fly LOS. But once you are more comfortable on how your drone react, you probably want to turn it off to get unobstructive view in the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: koklimabc
I also find that the response time for many OSD elements is slow and not in real time at all, for me this made these unwanted, but many younger people who play video games a lot have gotten used to how they react (late) and semi ignore the timing I guess.

Reactions: aSae
Its betaflight osd - on screen display (simulated rom real fpv flying) which you can turn it on/off in an actual betaflight controller.

Out of my head (dont remember the exact name), the vertical one is called: horizontal sidebar which shows your nose position how far its point below or above horizon.

The long horizontal one in the middle is called: artificial horizon which shows your drone actual stance compare to horizon .

And the center one is called: crosshair, which shows where the drone center point is pointing.

Its quite helpful at the beginning especially for newbie, because it shows how your drone is positioned because you cant see how your drone from outside (3rd person point of view), unlike when you fly LOS. But once you are more comfortable on how your drone react, you probably want to turn it off to get unobstructive view in the middle.
Okay, I'll open it and made more practice until feel more comfortable.

I always ended to flip over on first until three seconds.
Sounds like you might have your controller set up wrong...

The OSD won't be of much help, it just repeats what you already see from the terrain...

Sounds like you might have your controller set up wrong...

The OSD won't be of much help, it just repeats what you already see from the terrain...
Controller is not wrong where I flied without any problem under LOS. It is much difficult for me to view on terrain when the drone is place in horizontal line (same horizontal in flatten ground) and camera's view always brought my first view to sky.

I got idea is that possible to place your drone in 45 degree to allow your camera matched as same horizontal view of terrain before I start to fly? I saw video for some FPV racer do placed

his drone in 45 degree angle at started position instead of horizontal line.

If I start from 45 angle position, What steps of controller do I manage to press for fly?

You probably want to adjust the camera angle instead to see less sky. Try a small angle e.g. 0-10° first, then increase as you get used to it.

Reactions: koklimabc
You probably want to adjust the camera angle instead to see less sky. Try a small angle e.g. 0-10° first, then increase as you get used to it.
ok, I'll adjust it. BTW Tq for your great guide.

Definitely start with your camera angle lower, you will be able to see ahead of yourself easier at a lower speed.
Also, and this might sound dumb but when you're learning remember to always fly moving forward. You will have a better sense of where you are as you get used to flying FPV perspective.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Definitely start with your camera angle lower, you will be able to see ahead of yourself easier at a lower speed.
Also, and this might sound dumb but when you're learning remember to always fly moving forward. You will have a better sense of where you are as you get used to flying FPV perspective.
yes, agreed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya