Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI controller (P1RC) - How to change from CE to FCC?

works

Reaction score
I'm planning to travel to Cancun and take my FPV vista and air-unit drones with me and do some distance FPV'ing while on location. I've already researched how I can change the drones and goggles from CE to FCC in order to be able to fly longer distances, but for the life of me I haven't found out any information on how to do this on the controller itself. DJI's own specs for the controller are "Max. Transmission Distance (Unobstructed,free of interference): FCC/SRRC: 4 km; CE: 0.7 km" and as I now have a longer transmission distance / higher power output for the goggles and video transmission, how can I enable FCC mode on the controller so that the drones don't fall from the sky while still transmitting video?

[edit] Upon further pondering as I'm having really hard time finding anything with Google - should this just work <tm> by re-binding the controller to the vista once the vista is set in FCC?

Last edited:
Don't even need to rebind, once the air unit is set to FCC the whole system follows.

Don't even need to rebind, once the air unit is set to FCC the whole system follows.
That makes sense. Then I need to look into troubleshooting this issue that I thought this was the answer to. My controller bars on OSD go down to 2/4 and turn red, while my goggles bars stay at 4/4. This is in unobstructed view and some hundreds of meters right in front of me, hence I thought that as I changed my goggles to FCC, my controller needed a similar operation as well.

I wonder what might then cause controller signal obstruction/failure, will search a bit.

Technical question here: I bought my DJI FPV in Cambodia. Most likely the drones here are imported straight from China.
How do I check if they are set to FCC or CE or any other region?

It selects automatically based on where it's being flown.

It selects automatically based on where it's being flown.
Really!? So what is this fuss that I recently discovered on the forums about the "FCC hack" when one can change the region setting manually?
Cambodia does not have a regulation yet on drones. If I can use the full potential of the drone, now is the time. There are plenty of open spaces in the provinces, but I'm not sure how to check that regional setting in the first place.

So what is this fuss that I recently discovered on the forums about the "FCC hack" when one can change the region setting manually?
Because you can't change it manually, it changes automatically. The hack is about bypassing that and forcing it manually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas