Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV and Avata Owner

Loki4777

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have a question. I live just on the very outskirts of the Dupage Airport. I can get the certificate that allows me to fly from DJI. They have done a wonderful job with that process. They approve me in seconds. My question is the controller is registered to my FPV....you can only register 1 controller per drone. How do I get it to let me get a certificate for the Avanta? I really am just looking to fly in my backyard, low to the ground through my trees.

Are you actually getting an error/problem? If so what?
The "controller" that matters when requesting unlocks is the aircraft's flight controller, not your remote controller. There should be nothing specific to do from the app, it'll request for whatever aircraft is connected at that moment.

Thank you yeah I got the "you are not cleared to fly in this area" go to the DJI website and request a certificate. The FPV flew no problem the Avata would not take off. It was my first time flying both back to back.

But how did you request for the FPV? From the app or the website? It's the aircraft that counts so you need to do the same for both.

I did it through the website. Interesting about the Aircraft...I thought on my other DJI's it was about the controller.

When I do the request it asks for the controller not the drone. I went back and it requires the controller SN and only 1 serial number can be registered to one drone at a time.
1673299556010.png

Last edited:
it asks for the controller
It asks for the flight controller which is part of the drone, and NOT your RC.
You add another device, which will be your Avata, and enter the FC SN of that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax