Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Arm Bracers?

PTease

Reaction score
Yes or no? As far as I understand, arm braces can either save your drone or cause even more arms to break. For someone that can replace individual parts that wouldn't be a problem especially as I've seen individual DJI FPV compatible arms now being sold, but for those relying on DJI Care Refresh, would that be a good deal? If I'm not mistaken you'll be paying the same amount whether you break one arm or all arms, right? So, is the "added protection" of arm braces worth it?

If you have to send the drone in, DJI will charge you the same to replace 1 arm as both arms. So in my opinion with no added cost of repair but twice the chance of rigidity, I chose to run braces.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have them and love the fact I can use them as handles to carry mine.

Reactions: A.O. and Starz
I don't have the care refresh but I have them on mine as well

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
If you have to send the drone in, DJI will charge you the same to replace 1 arm as both arms. So in my opinion with no added cost of repair but twice the chance of rigidity, I chose to run braces.
My sentiments exactly. But if you are skilled enough to buy your own parts and fix 'em, then forget the arm braces and send it!

Had $22 store credit (you know, the rewards points thing @ the DJI store) so WTH, ordered some.

finally got mine !
wow, they are a tight fit.. but thats good, shows they are doing something.

just completed my first (3) flights, most in acro mode ... including a long flight.

I concur, I don't really see any difference in flight performance or flight times, even with wind gusts.
if anything it felt a bit tighter... perhaps because its a little more rigid? or perhaps it just gave me a little more confidence?!

really see no reason to not use them... the drone is not a lightweight quad, so the extra weight is really not going to make a difference.
even if you are doing diy repairs (still waiting on my spare arms from china!) damage limitation is a good thing, and similar situation - if you break one arm, might as well replace two ;)

Reactions: A.O.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax