Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Controller with Windows 11

MarceloArana

Reaction score
Hi people, good day.

I am a MAVIC pilot and now decided to experience the FPV with DJI FPV Combo. While waiting for its arrival, I want to try Liftoff with DJI FPV Controller (Aliexpress seller sent drone, batteries and controller/goggles in separate packages).

I have an Acer Nitro 5 / Windows 11 with Lifoff working fine, have the controller connected using USB-C Cable, and the controller is shown as HID controller in windows settings - but it have no response for the sticks. Already tried callibration, without success, no movements. Do you guys know if any external driver is required to use this controller with windows 11?

Thanks to you all,

Marcelo.

I just received my FPV last week and have started practicing in lift off as well (on Windows 11) and its working fine for me. I had to restart steam to get the DJI FPV DLC to register, but the controller worked fine before and after the DLC. FWIW it shows up as a "HID-compliant game controller".

I just received my FPV last week and have started practicing in lift off as well (on Windows 11) and its working fine for me. I had to restart steam to get the DJI FPV DLC to register, but the controller worked fine before and after the DLC. FWIW it shows up as a "HID-compliant game controller".
Hi @Schmoo2k

I will try to get DJI FPV DLC. The controller is detected by Windows as Hid-compliant game controller, but sticks are not mapped and no movements are detected...

Thanks for yr reply, I hope it works after get DLC.

Regards,

Marcelo.

Reactions: Schmoo2k
Hi people, good day.

I am a MAVIC pilot and now decided to experience the FPV with DJI FPV Combo. While waiting for its arrival, I want to try Liftoff with DJI FPV Controller (Aliexpress seller sent drone, batteries and controller/goggles in separate packages).

I have an Acer Nitro 5 / Windows 11 with Lifoff working fine, have the controller connected using USB-C Cable, and the controller is shown as HID controller in windows settings - but it have no response for the sticks. Already tried callibration, without success, no movements. Do you guys know if any external driver is required to use this controller with windows 11?

Thanks to you all,

Marcelo.
The problem could be that the Liftoff window doesn't have focus. I.e. the stick movements aren't delivered to the Liftoff app. Every simulator that I use requires an initial step; that the cursor be placed on the simulator screen and then followed by a mouse click.

Hi guys

I sent an email to DJI and the good news are that they have replied!

The bad news is that they told me that it will work only after activate the drone with dji fly, which I cannot once drone has not arrived yet.

Wait for the drone is the only option...

Thank you all, after activate the drone I will try again and let you know the results

Regards,
Marcelo

Hey Marcelo! It's been a while since you started this thread, so I'd like to know how you're doing. I'm not sure if an external driver is required for this controller to work with Windows 11, but have you tried checking the Liftoff settings to see if the controller is properly configured? Maybe there's a setting that needs to be adjusted for the sticks to work. Also, have you considered getting cheap windows 10 keys? They're a lot cheaper than buying a full license. Just a thought! Anyway, I hope you've figured out the issue with the controller.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput