Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Drone Crash and Repair

Makes me wonder if I should not reinforce these arms before they break!
Seems like a good idea, but reinforcing the arms would probably just result in the whole arm breaking off where it attaches to the body. That is a much more difficult repair. The arm bracers are probably a good idea, though I doubt it would have saved my drone as the speed was just too fast and the drone too heavy. A CF Frame and arms probably would have survived. I think it is very likely that DJI will come out with one or more new model FPV drones within a year that can use the same goggles and controller. Hopefully these will be made from CF and more modular so that componenets can be easily replaced. If they do that they will pick up a lot of customers from the Quad/Race community. I am hoping they make a smaller Cinewhoop drone, it would survive most crashes and be extremely safe and great for tight places and forests. Meanwhile I love this FPV drone but it does have quite a few issues and will probably be obsolete within a year as better models come out.

Reactions: Florent
Seems like a good idea, but reinforcing the arms would probably just result in the whole arm breaking off where it attaches to the body. That is a much more difficult repair. The arm bracers are probably a good idea, though I doubt it would have saved my drone as the speed was just too fast and the drone too heavy. A CF Frame and arms probably would have survived. I think it is very likely that DJI will come out with one or more new model FPV drones within a year that can use the same goggles and controller. Hopefully these will be made from CF and more modular so that componenets can be easily replaced. If they do that they will pick up a lot of customers from the Quad/Race community. I am hoping they make a smaller Cinewhoop drone, it would survive most crashes and be extremely safe and great for tight places and forests. Meanwhile I love this FPV drone but it does have quite a few issues and will probably be obsolete within a year as better models come out.
If they came out with a small purely FPV drone or cinewhoop that would work with my goggles and RC I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Don't count on DJI making anything compatible, they more than proved that by releasing a drone that is not compatible with the V1 goggles OR the original lets call it V1 controller, though I guess the fact that the new goggles and remote run on 2 bands instead of 1. One way or another a next gen fpv drone will NOT have compatibility with controller and/or goggles, it's just not the DJI way, they will come out with some feature that cannot be used with the previous gen hardware, there will be an occupier sync 4 or 5 or whatever that will prevent compatibility. I'm hoping they come up with a really good camera for the current fpv drone since it is so easy to replace but NOT holding my breath.

Yeah, I hear ya and you may be right. But I think they may be tapping into a huge potential with FPV drones. Half the cost of the Combo is the Goggles and Controller. If they came out with a Cinewhoop and a midsize FPV that worked with the existing goggles/controller I'd buy them both. A lot of the Race/Freestyle drone guys would switch over also. Those build up drones can be a real pain to build and set up and do not have the cool features and goggles that DJI has. DJI cannot attract most of those guys unless they make everything compatible. There is also a huge commercial opportunity for professional videographers who do weddings and smaller events where a small safe Cinewhoop would be ideal for getting close up video. But yeah, who knows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz