Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Drone FCC Hack long range tested

Sava89

Reaction score

So as title says I've applied FCC hack on my DJI FPV and it works!

- It was real pain for me to enjoy fully this drone with the limitation of CE signal limits, even after only 200-300m away behind the woods it loses signal, couldn't go very far:
- Max low to the ground 300-400m ( it'll depend on your environment )
- Max long range 100m height ideal LOS 2.5km and loses signal that's on a good day pushing it.
- Couldn't really relax in Manual mode ( acro ) due always thinking about losing the signal lol.
- And finally the purpose why I bought it is the mountain climb/dive which is basically impossible with CE if the mountain is long.

Plus if you mountain dive you will be limited to 500m in height from where you take off.

I know, there's hopefully gonna be later update to hack to remove height limit. For me personally isn't big issue height ATM the CE was killer for me now that's sorted xD

I know, there's hopefully gonna be later update to hack to remove height limit. For me personally isn't big issue height ATM the CE was killer for me now that's sorted xD
Don’t bet on it. 500m is limit on all DJI drones unless you hack it.

- It was real pain for me to enjoy fully this drone with the limitation of CE signal limits, even after only 200-300m away behind the woods it loses signal, couldn't go very far:
- Max long range 100m height ideal LOS 2.5km and loses signal that's on a good day pushing it.
- Couldn't really relax in Manual mode ( acro ) due always thinking about losing the signal lol.
- And finally the purpose why I bought it is the mountain climb/dive which is basically impossible with CE if the mountain is long.
That was fantastic, you might of as well sat down at the Kitchen table a flew the same flight . Just let some Alpers know to be your spotter. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI FPV in and out of the storm.

Don’t bet on it. 500m is limit on all DJI drones unless you hack it.
I meant with the hack to go above 500m for mountain climbing as what MP2 has hack for, this i don't need for MP2 these stuff since im rarely flying it over 500m distance for professional use. For this I'd live that limit lifted [emoji2957]

@Phantomrain.org sure thing [emoji16][emoji2957]

I meant with the hack to go above 500m for mountain climbing as what MP2 has hack for, this i don't need for MP2 these stuff since im rarely flying it over 500m distance for professional use. For this I'd live that limit lifted [emoji2957]

@Phantomrain.org sure thing [emoji16][emoji2957]
Wasn't meaning distance but height above take off point.

Here some more FCC Goodness, flying in the clouds 3km distance from me.

Hi!
Can you tell me more about the hack?

That 4km gondola demands an explanation. WTH is that?!?!?

Yeah, but why?

Seems like a VERY long ride, maybe it's the fact it's snowing in your video, and the spectacle is worth it on a sunny spring day? I'm not seeing it...

Pretty cool though!

One was out today at 200ft high and it kicked out of manual mode at about 8,000 feet out. They didn’t keep going but was surprised it kicked out of manual mode and held position since there were full bars still ?

Last edited:
I've had it what seemed a bit overzealous at triggering the emergency stop as well when picture was still good and not letting me go back to manual until I came a bit closer. I didn't look at the RC bars when it did last time, that could be the reason, found that in FCC the remote seems to lose signal first.

One was out today at 200ft high and it kicked out of manual mode at about 8,000 feet out. They didn’t keep going but was surprised it kicked out of manual mode and held position since there were full bars still ?
Are you sure he didn't accidentally just hit the break?

Odd behavior I've seen: flying around a hundred, hundred and fifty feet in the air, having it slow down and slow down and eventually almost stop and be unwilling to go further forward because clouds were fooling it into thinking there was an obstacle. Distant scattered clouds, way off in the distance.

Could floor it in reverse a little bit, and then start flying forward again.

Last edited:
Are you sure he didn't accidentally just hit the break?
Positive I didn’t, went back out to the same location and left it in sport mode. Cruised out to 13,000 feet before RTH kicked in from Estimating battery life with only 1 bar down.

Will try again in manual mode to see if it forces to Normal or Sport again at that 8,000 foot mark. Maybe they don’t want you flying manual mode out of stabilization just that far... bummer if so as I’d assume the failsafes would do the job if you lost connection like the panic/hold function

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam