Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Drone Remote Controller 2

The MC is very intuitive, sticks are anything but.

Not much practice is necessary to become relatively competent with MC. However, it has some significant limitations in terms of control degrees of freedom, and precision.

When you get skilled with the RC, you'll find it better for close ground flying dense environments. Simply being able to back up or slide sideways is very useful.

Right now you don't unconsciously think to make those maneuvers because they're new. Once they just become a part of how you think to maneuver the RC will be the choice most of the time in those environments.
You're tempting me...bad rktman, bad...;)

• Haha
Reactions: rktman
You're tempting me...bad rktman, bad...;)
Well, rocket and all 😁

Do you have a camera drone too that you started on, like a mini or mavic? You already have stick skills. Don't ever need to go manual. The prop guards are a way underappreciated feature of the Avata – I've been taking my Avata places I wanted to go with the mini 2, but would never have dreamed being so stupid.

Gotta say, the camera on the Avata is pretty darn good. Nothing to jump up and down about compared to current camera drone competitors, but it does compare very nicely against older models (MP, Air 2, Mini 2).

With Horizon Steady it definitely is up to the task of playing camera drone and producing great quality footage.

I guess that's why it's a cinewhoop 🙂

Well, rocket and all 😁

Do you have a camera drone too that you started on, like a mini or mavic? You already have stick skills. Don't ever need to go manual. The prop guards are a way underappreciated feature of the Avata – I've been taking my Avata places I wanted to go with the mini 2, but would never have dreamed being so stupid.

Gotta say, the camera on the Avata is pretty darn good. Nothing to jump up and down about compared to current camera drone competitors, but it does compare very nicely against older models (MP, Air 2, Mini 2).

With Horizon Steady it definitely is up to the task of playing camera drone and producing great quality footage.

I guess that's why it's a cinewhoop 🙂
Yes, actuall, started with a Spark, then got the Mavic 2 Zoom. Love the M2Z, but couldn't possibly fly it like the Avata.

One thing I haven't really tried is the Head Tracking feature. I'm thinking it may give similar results as it should allow you to fly sideways, if I understand the way it works correctly. Anyone here use head tracking?

Still may just have to get the RC as I know there are some maneuvers that are impossible with the MC.

Yes, actuall, started with a Spark, then got the Mavic 2 Zoom. Love the M2Z, but couldn't possibly fly it like the Avata.

One thing I haven't really tried is the Head Tracking feature. I'm thinking it may give similar results as it should allow you to fly sideways, if I understand the way it works correctly. Anyone here use head tracking?

Still may just have to get the RC as I know there are some maneuvers that are impossible with the MC.
It's interesting. Yes you can orbit and strafe using head tracking. It's takes some getting used to. The thing to remember is the drone does not fly in the direction you're looking. It flys in the direction the MC tells it to fly.

Reactions: Barbara
I received my controller as well. Having flown with the motion controller for several months you do get used to the way things work. The FPV controller will allow more freedom of movement but will take a minute to get as smooth as I have become with the MC. I have plenty of time with my Mavic drones but this is different. I dont fly them the same way I want to fly the Avata. They are more linear if that makes sense, you line up the shot and in a line move in a direction to get the smooth shot. With the Avata I want more control for near the ground or between things I dont do with the other drones due to exposed props. It’s enjoyable. The learning and the freedom of movement.

Reactions: rktman
Hi guys a have an avata and i cannot pair the fpv controller 2 with it. I tried all of the update firmware steps using the correct usb-a to usb-c cable on both my m2 max macbook and my intel imac pro and after updating i get this error on both machines. (Firmware Incompatibility detected between some modules and current device.. Update your firmware?) even after allowing it to update i get the same error , on both devices. i tried dji support no help they just wanted multiple videos of me performing the update and concluded they cannot help. I also tried using the update from the fpv consumer version of dji assistant, and the most up to date version they pushed out. Any recommendations?

Fpv controller: V02.00.0600
Goggles V2: v.01.07.0000
Avata: v.01.03.0000
Dji assistant version: v2.1.17

Have you tried plugging your phone into the Goggles V2? Make sure you have the most recent version to the Fly app on your phone.

Have you tried plugging your phone into the Goggles V2? Make sure you have the most recent version to the Fly app on your phone.
Yeah, I would try updating the Goggles by phone first, which should also get the Avata updated. Then go into DJI Assistant 2 and update the FPV Controller.

Yeah, I would try updating the Goggles by phone first, which should also get the Avata updated. Then go into DJI Assistant 2 and update the FPV Controller.
The Controller 2 should also get updated using this method.

The Controller 2 should also get updated using this method.
Hi guys, so my controller will not even show up in the dji fly app. even after long pressing until it beeps, and everything is updated to the current firmwares already

DJI tld me its because the person sold me the controller tht came with the fpv drone, and that this version probably cannot be bound to avata. i also had a friend try this on his avata with goggles 2, (not v2) and he was having the same issue, dji had him follow same exact steps, we both got same outcome.

DJI tld me its because the person sold me the controller tht came with the fpv drone, and that this version probably cannot be bound to avata. i also had a friend try this on his avata with goggles 2, (not v2) and he was having the same issue, dji had him follow same exact steps, we both got same outcome.
Not true, any updated Controller 2 is compatible.

Compatibility
DJI Avata
DJI FPV
DJI Goggles 2
DJI FPV Goggles V2

Attachments

• 70475246217__D2AA656D-F1E5-4C59-B9C7-E6BCF0C19B99.jpeg
    70475246217__D2AA656D-F1E5-4C59-B9C7-E6BCF0C19B99.jpeg
    719.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 70475244795__0BECD436-A934-486B-B970-EB303327D491.jpeg
    70475244795__0BECD436-A934-486B-B970-EB303327D491.jpeg
    728.8 KB · Views: 5
I followed instructions on a link where i download the enterprise version of the dji app first, install it and it comes with some driver that the new version does not have, then i install the new consumer one and i was able to get this to come up but immediately fails. Im using parallels on my mac for this. I still get the error (Firmware Incompatibility detected between some modules and current device.. Update your firmware?) that pops up even after reinstalling the current firmware on the controller

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 70475244795__0BECD436-A934-486B-B970-EB303327D491.jpeg
    70475244795__0BECD436-A934-486B-B970-EB303327D491.jpeg
    728.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 70475246217__D2AA656D-F1E5-4C59-B9C7-E6BCF0C19B99.jpeg
    70475246217__D2AA656D-F1E5-4C59-B9C7-E6BCF0C19B99.jpeg
    719.4 KB · Views: 3
The Controller 2 that came with my DJI FPV was originally used to fly my Avata upon release. At the time the Controller 2 was extremely difficult to find due to the new Avata release. I wasn't a fan of using one Controller 2 for both birds, which is why I wanted a second. Eventually I got a second from DJI and they are compatible with either aircraft with updated firmware.

Just got the package, Explorer Bundle (Avata, Remote controller 2, Integra headset) from Amazon. Crazy, the toggle (RM2) isn't working. Is there a switch for hand movement as opposed to thumb toggle working? Everything is bound through the dji assist for consumer drones.

I followed instructions on a link where i download the enterprise version of the dji app first, install it and it comes with some driver that the new version does not have, then i install the new consumer one and i was able to get this to come up but immediately fails. Im using parallels on my mac for this. I still get the error (Firmware Incompatibility detected between some modules and current device.. Update your firmware?) that pops up even after reinstalling the current firmware on the controller
I went here and saw on the bubbles below on there dji website "Avata drone". I used this firmware and got 1.03 installed on all 3. Avata, Integra, RC2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax