Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV goggles v2 : a bit disapointed ...

its easy as a consumer to say what they think should be delivered, but its a very different thing actually be able to engineer that solution, and also to do it a price that the market will bear.

I do agree that there is a certain amount of marketing hype on the videos, but we all know that is what marketing does... you cannot 'trust' marketing images in any industry ;)
You get it (no surprise).

of course, the OP has the right to be disappointed....
Yes of course. Anyone has the right to be obstreperous and childish.

And those of us listening have a right to call out the error of the nature of some complaints.

I'd have no more patience for an adult complaining that current "hover boards" don't really hover, like the ones in Back to the Future II.

We do have the necessary technology to make a real hoverboard. So why this crappy, inferior product?

Let's discuss it. :rolleyes:

Well my two cents. For me yes, i would love to have a fully immersed 3d Occulus type view from the cockpit of a UAV of any type. Back in the *80's and 90's when flying, we only dreamed of it. Sure the military probably had it, folks who had lots of cash to burn who were into rc flying probably could have afforded to have something built if they wanted a truck or van to haul it around. not to mention all the radio licensing you had to have.

In the last twenty years FPV has come a long way. If you had the opportunity to play with and use the very early versions, well... your thoughts now that hardware is smaller and cheaper and quality is great. you would definitely have a different opinion. If you are into pc VR gaming and want a high end 3d total immersion, that's darn near perfect, go ahead and spend the thousands to have one built. Dell has an excellent NVIDIA Quadro GV100 graphics card that can deliver if you have $11,247.99 to spend. and that's just for the graphics card.

Bottom line, after flying rc for over forty years and now having FPV (regardless of who makes it) at the costs they offer their goods has been one heck of a long awaited step for me and I am truly grateful. I can have my FPV and still keep money in the bank.

Hopefully in years to come the technology will continue to grow and at some point the hardware to accomplish it will be cheap enough and fit into my shirt pocket and i'll use my thoughts to control the UAV while sipping my ice tea, LOL.

Happy and safe flying
inno

in years to come the technology will continue to grow and at some point the hardware to accomplish it will be cheap enough and fit into my shirt pocket and i'll use my thoughts to control the UAV while sipping my ice tea, LOL.

Happy and safe flying
inno
That's the DJI FPV 2.

• Haha
Reactions: dirkclod and inno
I wonder if anyone has been able to feed a DJI airunit type digital signal into an actual VR headset ? Are there digital receivers that provide HDMI out ?

You don't really need a stereoscopic image for flying, that only does anything within about ten feet. What you need is a wider FOV which an actual VR headset would provide.
This is supposed to be a racing drone for fast paced close obstacles and courses. Being able to see in actual 3d and have depth perception would be a game changer. Try driving with a patch over one eye!

This is supposed to be a racing drone for fast paced close obstacles and courses. Being able to see in actual 3d and have depth perception would be a game changer. Try driving with a patch over one eye!
YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!!!

So, get on it! The tech exists, right now (I'm being dead serious). Design and put the system together, and see if you sell enough to stay in business.

I predict you'll be lucky to sell more than one or two, with the competing existing analog, monoscopic systems for sale right now at 1/5 the price of your system..

Why? Because stereoscopic vision in this application is not a game changer. That's simply reality. In fact, the vast majority of the time there will be no perceptual difference.

DJI released a game changer with their digital system... seeing rather than flying blind, even for a few seconds, is a game changer.

Perceiving stereoscopically that you're about to crash 10 inches before you hit an obstacle at 90 mph changes nothing.

All the racers and freestylers do exactly that with no issues today. Given the speed they go stereo would bring nothing / probably be detrimental. If it was that useful then people would use analog stereo systems which have been available for ages but have always failed commercially due to lack of interest.

No doubt it'll come one day but probably before 5-10 years given how long it's taken to get a decent digital FPV system (some were already trying to do that 10+ years ago).

I have two they FPV Combos they are that good!
My Fatshark HD3 don't come close to DJI picture quality and clarity.
I also fly an Align MR25 racing drone with no GPS, now that's a lot harder to fly but I do it well.
DJI FPV Combo is packed with amazing technology, lands its self when the battery goes low as it demonstrated last night. Its accuracy was amazing within half a foot of its Home point. Loss Signal other drones just fall out the sky. DJI returns home by itself.

Once you start flying in Manual mode you will recognize what an amazing drone it is.

Reactions: Kilrah
Who said this is a "racing drone"? Huh? It's not a freestyle drone either. It's a middle of the road, "jack of all trades. master of none" type product that works well for what it is. It is literally the best possible fpv view you can get at this moment in time. The 12mp 1/2.3 4k60 120mbs 12,800 iso capable camera that transmits 810p 40hz video back to the goggles can't be matched by anyone else in the fpv market. Period.

Even DJI's digital FPV system falls short on Air Unit equipped drones.

And for those completely new to full-range rate-based manual control, you won't notice any compromise, lack of tunability, etc. that the veteran fpv/acro pilots have criticized and complained about.

As a crossover product, it's exceptional. Gives a very real, competent and capable FPV manual experience, with the prospect of taking the experience further into the FPV quad world.

Honestly, a manual FPV bird with the video capture quality and safety features this has is brilliant.

Reactions: Kilrah
I came from analog and had fatshark dominator limited editions that had 50 FOV and eachine 800…. Both have great screen size… these DJI V2 goggles are amazing…the picture quality is awesome. Hopefully Dizzy33 can enjoy these as there isn’t anything better at the moment ( at least I don’t think so )👍

Reactions: BigAl07
In my case, the corners of the image are distorted, and there is some color shift... I'm sure this has been addressed before?
It's visible for me with and without glasses.

Compared to other units on the market the DJI FPV is indeed "Jack of All Trades". It serves a great purpose and has gotten many people into FPV who never would have otherwise.

The DJI Googles V2 are a def HIT and a good compromise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax