Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV KIT Stuck at 25 Mw.

Camera-Drone

Reaction score
I recently purchased the dji fpv drone kit (googles v2, drone and controller). For the most part its great, however, when I get to about 1600 feet, the googles begin to pixelate and I am forced to return because appears out of range. I checked the googles under "devices" > output power is showing 25 mw. I live in the usa so I was thinking it should show a higher output (700 mw). I have tried to select the output power option, however, it appears greyed out and won't allow me to select it. Not sure if this is accurate. Is there any accurate way to measure the vtx mw output from the dji fpv drone while connected to the googles? Must be a device to measure the output since I don't see anything in the menu or on screen showing that. Any insight or help on this matter would be highly appreciated.

Nate

Last edited:
The only place you can see a power setting in the goggles is when in air unit mode. That has nothing to do with operation with the DJI FPV drone in the dedicated mode so the number there is meaningless in your case.

Reactions: RandallEdick
I recently purchased the dji fpv drone kit (googles v2, drone and controller). For the most part its great, however, when I get to about 1600 feet, the googles begin to pixelate and I am forced to return because appears out of range. I checked the googles under "devices" > output power is showing 25 mw. I live in the usa so I was thinking it should show a higher output (700 mw). I have tried to select the output power option, however, it appears greyed out and won't allow me to select it. Not sure if this is accurate. Is there any accurate way to measure the vtx mw output from the dji fpv drone while connected to the googles? Must be a device to measure the output since I don't see anything in the menu or on screen showing that. Any insight or help on this matter would be highly appreciated.

Nate
What's the environment like where you fly, in terms of obstructions or interference?

I live in a canyon, and the direction that I fly makes a great deal of difference to the picture range in my FPV goggles. In some directions it starts to go bad at 1600 ft, in other directions it can go for a mile. Usually I'll be good out to about 2000 - 3000 ft.

Have you noticed any difference based on what direction you fly?

Thx.

What's the environment like where you fly, in terms of obstructions or interference?

I live in a canyon, and the direction that I fly makes a great deal of difference to the picture range in my FPV goggles. In some directions it starts to go bad at 1600 ft, in other directions it can go for a mile. Usually I'll be good out to about 2000 - 3000 ft.

Have you noticed any difference based on what direction you fly?

Thx.
Yeah, big difference. See the video above as I tested a farmers filed and flew the entire lengh of 4,100 feet with no break up. Video signal was 3 out of 4 bars. Thanks

Nate
Same issue. Locked at 25 cant go a mile even on my roof.

I live in reasonably rugged terrain, and how far I can get a clean signal varies greatly by direction. There's one narrow range of directions where I can get good connectivity a mile out. But I can usually get 2000 - 2500 ft. In some directions though, I can't get out more than about 1600 ft either, due to terrain interference.

I'm also in the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax