Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Don't do what I did (although no real harm done)

Reaction score
Got the Avata two days ago and man, what an amazing little piece of kit. I am a total FPV n00b and within a couple days I am flying it through my house (using the motion controller, mind you, the normal controller is on its way). Total gateway drone that is going to really get a lot more people into it (sorry, FPV veterans).

My only real gripe with the design is the fiddly flap cover that conceals the USB port and microSD slot on the drone. I wear size 9 gloves and my fingers are almost too big to even get it in there to get the card out and in. Plus, on the very first flight I had forgotten to close the flap and flew it through the house with it totally dangling off its tether INSIDE the prop guard. Thankfully the wind from the prop kept it out of the way during the flight and the only damage was that the rotor tips have a teeny bit of rubber burned into them lol But no actual damage.

Now if I could just find somewhere to fly this thing in Canada without violating some regulation. Ugh. Advanced Pilot's license is going to happen soon.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Got the Avata two days ago and man, what an amazing little piece of kit. I am a total FPV n00b and within a couple days I am flying it through my house (using the motion controller, mind you, the normal controller is on its way). Total gateway drone that is going to really get a lot more people into it (sorry, FPV veterans).

My only real gripe with the design is the fiddly flap cover that conceals the USB port and microSD slot on the drone. I wear size 9 gloves and my fingers are almost too big to even get it in there to get the card out and in. Plus, on the very first flight I had forgotten to close the flap and flew it through the house with it totally dangling off its tether INSIDE the prop guard. Thankfully the wind from the prop kept it out of the way during the flight and the only damage was that the rotor tips have a teeny bit of rubber burned into them lol But no actual damage.

Now if I could just find somewhere to fly this thing in Canada without violating some regulation. Ugh. Advanced Pilot's license is going to happen soon.
My Avata won't ship until the 14th (fly more kit arrived last week despite being ordered at the same time), but that is my concern, "will my fingers fit in that space?" Waiting to see just how bad this access is going to be.

@GoodnNuff, no, they won't. And I don't have one yet, but I have an iFlight A85 cinewhoop, nearly the same w.r.t. the connection port.

A highly motivated 3 year old can't get their fingers in there.

• Haha
Reactions: GoodnNuff

I have the same problem with my hands for the sd slot i find if you take the prop off it makes it so much easier to access.

I have the same problem with my hands for the sd slot i find if you take the prop off it makes it so much easier to access.
I'm not sure I'd make a habit of that. There is a tiny bit of Loctite on each screw which will become useless pretty quickly.

The trick is have a big enough sd card and wireless transfer your vidoes you want and then reformat when done

The trick is have a big enough sd card and wireless transfer your vidoes you want and then reformat when done
Can the avata do wireless transfer?

Can't find anything in the manual or google search on this.

Can the avata do wireless transfer?

Can't find anything in the manual or google search on this.
No, it doesn't do wireless transfer. Either a wired connection to your phone, tablet, PC, or remove the SD card.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I use Assistant 2 so wired to the pc for me.

However, on the same subject a feature was recently added allowing transfer of the internal storage content to the SD card, eliminating the necessity to wrestle with a cable connection.

Reactions: Barbara

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas