Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hi! Do I buy a DJI Avata or Build a FPV drone

will97

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope it's ok to post here, and apologies if this isn't the right area.

I'm looking to get into flying FPV Drones for my business and mainly for fun too. I currently have a Mini 3 pro but could do with something more agile and something that could fly in small places while flying through a house or so.

I'm not new to RC, I used to fly RC Helis, Planes, and at the moment I race RC Cars so I have a decent idea of how to build RC stuff and so.

I like the DJI Avata as it's a neater package and the goggles look great along with the video quality plus not needing to buy a GoPro or so on. But it comes with the motion controller which I'm not a fan of and would buy the normal FPV controller (Mama didn't raise no Bi**h)

But I also know for the same price I could build something way better and probably more powerful (My budget is around £1300 for everything)

Any advice and if I was to go down the custom route would anyone have any build recommendations? If so id like it to be a similar size to the DJI :)

Thanks!

Reactions: GFields
Any advice and if I was to go down the custom route would anyone have any build recommendations?
With enough practice, you should be able to achieve the same results with both.

Do you (or would you) enjoy building/fixing drones yourself? If so, the custom build approach would probably be a better fit -- and would give you many more options to customize your drone.

With enough practice, you should be able to achieve the same results with both.

Do you (or would you) enjoy building/fixing drones yourself? If so, the custom build approach would probably be a better fit -- and would give you many more options to customize your drone.
I think building a drone myself would be fine and also better if I need to repair it. I guess the next question is what would be a good drone build setup for around £1300 all in? Ideally the same size as the Avata. I have a charger and can get lipos so that wont be a issue

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

I think building a drone myself would be fine and also better if I need to repair it. I guess the next question is what would be a good drone build setup for around £1300 all in? Ideally the same size as the Avata. I have a charger and can get lipos so that wont be a issue
Check out the iflight defender 25, seems very similar to dji avata

If you build a drone, it's fun and you learn a lot and can repair it yourself. Be prepared for a steep learning curve to become competent flying it. You'd be smart to spend a lot of time on a simulator, better to crash in the sim. Or you could buy the Avata and you'll be flying immediately and be able to use it professionally in short order. I built an inexpensive CineWhoop and maintaining constant height while flying slowly is very difficult, batteries don't last, 4-5 mins, but fun to fly. Watch this video that compares the Avata & and another FPV.

I'm in the same boat. The Avata combo seems very enticing but the other half of me prefers to go a different route and buy the Geprc croc baby 4 which is exactly what I want, a long range, long battery life, cinematic style flying drone. Both bundles would come to around the same price, $1200-1300

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax