Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Drone takes off full throttle itself

PoggiTron

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I’m kind of new to fpv drones and I had a tinhawk freestyle before but just switched to the diatone r349 3 inch 4s quad and I have been having some trouble. I just flashed my fc with the newest fw on beta flight (4.1) and then I did a hovering test in my room and punched the throttle just a little bit about 30% and it took off full speed uncontrollably into the ceiling and fell on the floor. This happened twice now and I’m scared to take it outside. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on? Thank you!!
- Taranis QX7s
- Diatone R349 4s 3”
- 850mah 4s

Did it hover at all or just go to the moon? 30% throttle is a lot on that thing, it's way too much quad for indoors. It should hover around 10% or 15% (or even less depending on your settings)

When a quad goes to the moon we check:

Motor order
FC orientation
ESC protocol
Do you know how to check these settings?

Did you read the release notes for 4.1?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
i hovered with about 10% but I punched it like 30% to do a little jump and it went completely out of control into the ceiling. I don’t know how to check esc protocol.

Here's a BL heili config for chrome
To use this you need to have the props off and a battery plugged in. No battery and the ESCs won't read.

You want to set your ESC protocol to Dshot 600 in betaflight:
betaflight-Setup-configurator-configuratoin-1-1024x322.jpg

I got it from this doc, it's long and deep but very valuable

You also might check your receiver endpoints:

I know it's a lot at first, but you'll be rolling through this stuff in no time

Did it hover at all or just go to the moon? 30% throttle is a lot on that thing, it's way too much quad for indoors. It should hover around 10% or 15% (or even less depending on your settings)

When a quad goes to the moon we check:

Motor order
FC orientation
ESC protocol
Do you know how to check these settings?

Did you read the release notes for 4.1?
Good to see you still hanging out buddy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax