Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

ELRS- Windows 7???

Just try it, it'd probably going to be fine. Doubt that you'll find many users with experience of running it on win7 to tell you about it.

Just try it, it'd probably going to be fine. Doubt that you'll find many users with experience of running it on win7 to tell you about it.
Thanks Kilrah- that is what I did and you are right, it seems to work fine. Beats me why they are saying Windows 8,10 and 11 though? Kind of misleading for newbies like myself. Thanks for your help my friend! Regards

When as a dev you list compatibility for something you'd typically want to be checking that it does work. But Win7 was already EOL when ELRS configurator first appeared and nobody should be still using it, so no point wasting time on it.

For what it is worth- I just updated the firmware on a BetaFPV Elrs receiver, and on a Happymodel ES24 Tx Elrs Slim module, and I did it all with Windows 7. Truthfully for myself personally, Win 7, 8, 10 or 11 is all the same to me as long as they get the job done. I see you can buy Windows 11 for under $35 right now, (guess Win 12 is coming out this year.), but I would hate to spend even that much, because these days the only thing I fire up my desktop for is when I use Betaflight. I have thought about using SpeedyBee on my phone or my notebook, but it is almost nostalgic for me to sit down once in a while on my desktop. Anyway I always knew my Windows 7 was at the end of it’s life, but had to let you know it is still taking a few last breaths as it were! Haha.
Thanks again for your input and for taking the time. I really dig FPV, even at 71 years young, but quite frankly do not have the aptitude for the hobby’s intricacies. PEACE my brother and GLORY to the Ukrainian HEROES!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebchopra