Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FAA certification

faa registration is easy to do. fcc wasn't so easy but having your act straight with numbers on your flier makes interaction when the law shows up allot more relaxed... that's just my opinion.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
You have had the cops show up before? I took the numbers off mine, don't give the regulators an inch.

Also I wonder what the charged offense was for the hot dog guy. I am afraid of the stupid drone laws that might come along in the US.

Reactions: Wayno52
yup, i was flying in a field close to my home. he was more curious but had gotten called. i explained and showed him what i saw through my fatsharks, showed him my fcc number and faa ham handle.
after a short discussion he told me a better place to fly and it truly is better. plus now i don't have to worry about the city cops anymore. i consider having a solid presentation helped?
im an old faa member anyway, the fcc stuff was new but i have a dozen HAM operators in town here so want to get along with them as well.

faa registration is easy to do. fcc wasn't so easy but having your act straight with numbers on your flier makes interaction when the law shows up allot more relaxed... that's just my opinion.
Yeah, i took the fcc amateur radio novice test when i was 16, passed it and over the next several years got up to the advanced ticket, cant even remember code anymore....lol

Reactions: Futuramille
yup, i was flying in a field close to my home. he was more curious but had gotten called. i explained and showed him what i saw through my fatsharks, showed him my fcc number and faa ham handle.
after a short discussion he told me a better place to fly and it truly is better. plus now i don't have to worry about the city cops anymore. i consider having a solid presentation helped?
im an old faa member anyway, the fcc stuff was new but i have a dozen HAM operators in town here so want to get along with them as well.
The awning i was tryin to power loop last week is a break spot for local city cops. They love to watch me fly and i've had 3 cruisers at a time checking the drones out....lol

Reactions: Futuramille
I do carry my FAA paper in my bag just because I have one. Also not a bad idea to have a copy of the FAA drone rules since the cops don't know them. I probably need to go back and read them again myself.
@ Green, did you get a refund on your license? I'm pretty sure they refunded folks. I never did get around to getting mine altho i was getting ready to get it because i was looking into racing about the time they stopped it. Still thinking about getting a commercial license.

****! ball park prices

these drones are a good show for people as long as we stay cool and be nice.

take cops out... your neighbours are who calls them.
it's an uphill battle cause the media has scared the general public about drones. if we aren't scary in the way we operate, make our personal spectacles something interesting and not annoying... we win. these are undoubtedly cool. if you can show your neighbors a proper level of responsibility than no one cares and its fun for everyone.
it only takes one pissed neighbor to ruin the fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam