Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FC overheats when plugged in BetaFlight

stefanpala

Reaction score
Hello
I've taken my drone out for a spin. Just to mention I have 0 experience with flying and couldn't get a simulator before I got too curious. It was a good flight, a couple of soft crashes, and all the controls and LED's were fine.
Later when I got the drone clean, except for the beat-up props, nothing was damaged. Now when I want to connect it to BF via USB, there is no response (visual or audio), and that circled part of the FC gets super hot super quick.
What is it, and can I replace it instead of the whole FC?

Attachments

• 266665225_940639313224429_2611519721032161173_n.jpg
    266665225_940639313224429_2611519721032161173_n.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 9
Something's causing a short it seems. Start by trying to disconnect everything from the FC to see if it's on it or something external.

Done that, disconnected the FC from everything, and it still doesn't connect and no LED pops up. Only that same piece overheats. It reads on it L315. Any idea what it could be?

Most likely a voltage regulator, and overheating because what's on its output is shorted.

Right, I have no idea what it would be. Imma try and sort it out, I am not mentally prepared to buy a new FC yet.
Thanks for the response, appreciate it!

When a drone isn't flying it doesn't have wind to cool it, and it heats up. I put a fan on the drone when I'm using betaflight. Check that first.

It's common to have problems connecting to Betaflight. Here's a good solution
I'm also new to FPV and record what I learn as I go along on the DJI Forums called "Support Group for the FPV Challenged."

On final big tip, record your configuration right away before you mess with anything in Betalfight. That can be done with in the Command Line Interface CLI type "diff all", then save the output to a file. You can then mess with it all you want.

Last edited:
I already have saved the config with "diff all". Mine heats up really bad from a short (I checked it) and doesn't open whatsoever.
Turns out the L315 piece that is overheating is a voltage regulator and right now I'm looking for a new one to swap with this one. Still am not prepared to buy a new FC.
Thank you for the tips though, appreciate it!

Recognizing the piece is not a problem. Most of them have a code written on them. With a magnifier I discovered it says L315. Searched google for "l315 datasheet" and found out what the piece does, the pin layout, everything you need to know, and basically where to buy a new one and replace it.
I figured out the short because it went hot instantly when plugged in.
Hope this helps!

Hello
I've taken my drone out for a spin. Just to mention I have 0 experience with flying and couldn't get a simulator before I got too curious. It was a good flight, a couple of soft crashes, and all the controls and LED's were fine.
Later when I got the drone clean, except for the beat-up props, nothing was damaged. Now when I want to connect it to BF via USB, there is no response (visual or audio), and that circled part of the FC gets super hot super quick.
What is it, and can I replace it instead of the whole FC?
It sounds like either there is a short or something broke during your last crash. And I would say you need a new flight controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas