Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flight simulator question from a beginner.

Fly

Reaction score
I,m not truly green to drones but it,s been a while. I need to get my skill level up quite a bit. I see there are simulators available,
but I know nothing about them. What all would one need ? I have been flying my drone in a open field but with the weather this
time of year, something like a simulator seems like the way to go if the price is not out of hand. Can some one chime in to give
your thoughts?

Thanks Fly

A PC and a controller (with USB interface) is really all you need. Velocidrone seems pretty light on the PC requirements, but the "arenas" are also pretty limited. My favorite is TrypFPV (available through Steam), but it requires a pretty beefy PC to play smoothly. I'm using my DJI FPV Controller 2. I believe most sims will also let you use an XBOX-type controller if that was your only option, but that would seem pretty awkward to me.

I,m not truly green to drones but it,s been a while. I need to get my skill level up quite a bit. I see there are simulators available,
but I know nothing about them. What all would one need ? I have been flying my drone in a open field but with the weather this
time of year, something like a simulator seems like the way to go if the price is not out of hand. Can some one chime in to give
your thoughts?

Thanks Fly
I use Velocidrone, Liftoff, and FPV Freerider, which is my favorite. It is simple and just 6 scenarios, but they give you all you need. Be patient, it takes a while to get the hang of it. Start off with beginner settings.

I don’t have a pc any more,and just an IPhone 14 pro, is the DJI version simulator suffice? I just ordered an FPV and did not plan to go into manual mode until I feel very comfortable in the simulator then practice for several months more.

Last edited:
Reactions: rktman
The DJI simulator is pretty garbage and tuned in a way that makes people sick, even if they have no problem either in other sims or with the real thing. So try it but if you feel bad know it's the sim and don't get discouraged.

Are there any simulator apps that work with the GV2 and either the MC or RC2 controller, on the iPad with a hotspot?

No, only DJI's one works with the goggles/controller.

The controller connected via USB to an Android phone should work with fome like FPV Freestyle but I don't thing there's anything for Apple stuff.

I personally prefer liftoff, but if you cannot use a laptop, or cannot spend money. The orqua FPV.one simulator was one that i originally started with. I don't know if it connects to DJI goggles 2.

TrypFPV and Uncrashed are my favorites. Good balance between physics and graphics. The fact that you can input your BF rates in to some of these simulators was a game changer for me practicing.

The DJI simulator is pretty garbage and tuned in a way that makes people sick, even if they have no problem either in other sims or with the real thing. So try it but if you feel bad know it's the sim and don't get discouraged.
Used it about half a day today and feel fine, but I did eat some ginger chews to be safe. I don’t get sea sick, so I may be one of the lucky ones.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi