Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV camera re-boots during flips/rolls

Realistik

Reaction score
Foxeer Falkor Mini 1200tvl

Been having this problem on and off for a few months now, the camera seems to lose power and re-boot after a second or 2 during flips and rolls. It didn't use to happen that often, and when it did I was able to deal with it. However I recently had to re-build my quad after a few weeks of waiting for parts. The camera has sat untouched/unused that entire time. After rebuilding it, the problem has progressed to happening every time I do a flip or roll, which is essentially making it impossible to fly.

I assumed it was a loose connection in the plug/cable somewhere so I tried replacing it with a different (old) plug, but no luck. I've even tried replacing the cables in the plug but no matter what I try I get the same problem. When quad is plugged in on the bench and I move the camera round or shake the quad about the camera is fine, I only get this problem when I go out to fly it.

Every time it reboots I get the Foxeer logo come up on the screen so I'm 90% sure it is the camera and not the VTX since I'm still getting a video feed, and nothing else loses power like this. I have replacement plug ordered for it, but after further testing on the bench I'm starting to think it might be an issue with the actual camera. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before, and if so did you manage to fix it?

Like I said, I only recently rebuild the quad so it's got a brand new JB F4 and 4in1 ESC in it. I had this same issue with my old boards as well so I don't think it's to do with them.

Thanks.

UPDATE: After connecting a different camera to the drone and attempting to fly I am getting the exact same problem. I have no idea what this could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
OK so that's not your camera rebooting, a camera can't really "reboot". That's actually your flight controller rebooting due to lack of power or too much current draw from other components. How are you powering your VTX?

It was being powered off bat voltage. After testing with another camera and got the same problem I assumed it was due to what you just suggested. Tried adding a cap to the battery pads but accidently shorted the ESC lol. Waiting on a replacement. Since it only happens in sharp rolls/flips I'm pretty sure it's the motors pulling too much current away from everything else. I'll try again once I get a new ESC. Thanks

Sounds like you're on the right track. If problem persists, I'd try milder props

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax