Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV NOISE !!!

Sambo1988

Reaction score
Hi all

I’m after the guys who have experience with the wizard x220s I have installed a new F.C. and all was good until tonight and I get bad noise on throttle use but only with a 4s batt, is the vtx that comes with it crap and should I replace it or not.

Any ideas

Thanks

What is this mystery FC you speak of? Can you post a pic of your wiring

Hi mate it’s an omnibus f4 v5
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Also could I run 2 capacitors one on the battery leads and one on the flight controller power?

One 1000uf 35V cap on the main vbat pads should help. Also if you can, route your vtx wires as far away from other power wires as you can. If that doesn't help, you could also consider adding an LC filter

I have my vtx cable as far away as I can get them, the cap has made a little difference not much. Has anyone ever changed the vtx on the x220s

I Tried every configuration i could think of last night the 1000uf cap did help a little but not much so i ordered an LC filter to try, i did notice that in the BF motors tab that only one of the motors was creating the noise, i say motor but the noise occurs when i spin said motor up, any ideas what this could be.

Hi all

It’s took a s**t load of digging but I think I have found the problem, it’s the motors grounding on the frame which was strange as I have soft mounts on the top and motor guards on the bottom so I have drilled out the mounting holes and put electrical tape top and bottom but it seems to have solved the problem for now and the picture is even better than it was before.

So maybe this is an issue with the x220s as I know people do have video issues with the video

Thanks

Hi all

It’s took a s**t load of digging but I think I have found the problem, it’s the motors grounding on the frame which was strange as I have soft mounts on the top and motor guards on the bottom so I have drilled out the mounting holes and put electrical tape top and bottom but it seems to have solved the problem for now and the picture is even better than it was before.

So maybe this is an issue with the x220s as I know people do have video issues with the video

Thanks
I think I saw something on this issue a while ago, are these the motors with the LEDs on the bottom? If so then yes this is your issue and can be remedied by putting plastic or fibre washers on the motor screws. Sounds like your solution is working as well

Yes it is the one with the LEDs but I removed these the day I got it so it can’t be them so must be an issue with the screws grounding to the frame in some way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RcRen