Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Frustrating day for ME and the FPV

4 Inch Pistons

Reaction score
I did not plan on this when I bought the FPV. I knew it was loud, but I live in rural eastern NC. Well it draws a lot of unwanted attention.

So I go to my former RC Airplane club that I was a member for 15 years to RE-introduce myself. Summary: I could not unpack it until I had an AMA plus club membership. I could not even fly my Mini 2. I wanted to argue about the sub-250 gram Mini 2 but it was time to leave. So I left and went to the other closest RC Club where I had connections. They are 2 miles from and airport and while they have a waiver to fly RC, DJI geofenceing would not let me even think about flying. That also would cost AMA and club membership just to fly.

So I have this awesome quad and no where to fly it. Local parks and the such are cramped and populated. Others have lots of trees and obstructions. Everybody knows everybody so just parking and walking out into an open field to fly will get attention ---which is kinda what I like about living here as the whole county is like a neighborhood watch.

Is there another prop setup to make this quieter? I hate to put this in the classifieds, but I am having a hard time finding a place to fly it. FYI---No such problem with the Avata.

It’s a loud drone, but mainly in manual when you’re ripping fast. The Avata is not much quieter so don’t seem how you have no problem on that.

If you live in a rural area, I’m sure you can find good open areas to launch out.

Last edited:
I did not plan on this when I bought the FPV. I knew it was loud, but I live in rural eastern NC. Well it draws a lot of unwanted attention.

So I go to my former RC Airplane club that I was a member for 15 years to RE-introduce myself. Summary: I could not unpack it until I had an AMA plus club membership. I could not even fly my Mini 2. I wanted to argue about the sub-250 gram Mini 2 but it was time to leave. So I left and went to the other closest RC Club where I had connections. They are 2 miles from and airport and while they have a waiver to fly RC, DJI geofenceing would not let me even think about flying. That also would cost AMA and club membership just to fly.

So I have this awesome quad and no where to fly it. Local parks and the such are cramped and populated. Others have lots of trees and obstructions. Everybody knows everybody so just parking and walking out into an open field to fly will get attention ---which is kinda what I like about living here as the whole county is like a neighborhood watch.

Is there another prop setup to make this quieter? I hate to put this in the classifieds, but I am having a hard time finding a place to fly it. FYI---No such problem with the Avata.
I fly mine early morning like 7:30, 8:00 at a huge central park in my town. It's sad about the AMA fees and all these rules. C'mon people ! Follow "basic" TRUST rules and find a big open space somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax