Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Geprc Baby Crocodile Nebula v2 DVR

Madhungarian

Reaction score
I decided to return the Chimera4 because of a faulty motor which created more than normal vibrations at a certain throttle, RDQ would not exchange it since I bought it on sale so they just refunded the money. So when they had a sale again I went with the Geprc Baby Crocodile, it was even cheaper at 220. I installed tr-blades and was getting about 8-10 minutes on a 850mah 4s. This flight it was a little windy but it seemed to have handled it pretty well. I ordered the nebula pro and it should be here on Tuesday. I ended up finding some people riding\driving their quads which I followed for like 30 seconds, I doubt they even knew I was there since the quad is small and quiet.

Reactions: tevek
I decided to return the Chimera4 because of a faulty motor which created more than normal vibrations at a certain throttle, RDQ would not exchange it since I bought it on sale so they just refunded the money. So when they had a sale again I went with the Geprc Baby Crocodile, it was even cheaper at 220. I installed tr-blades and was getting about 8-10 minutes on a 850mah 4s. This flight it was a little windy but it seemed to have handled it pretty well. I ordered the nebula pro and it should be here on Tuesday. I ended up finding some people riding\driving their quads which I followed for like 30 seconds, I doubt they even knew I was there since the quad is small and quiet.
I’m waiting for a nebula pro to fit to my chimera 4, the standard camera is great for low light flying but pretty ordinary in contrasting light conditions. Also getting about 8 minutes on an 850 mah 4S battery and with crossfire is the go to quad to fly at work due to it being quiet, unlike the chimera 7 which just about stops traffic when I bring it out for a run.

Reactions: Madhungarian
I’m waiting for a nebula pro to fit to my chimera 4, the standard camera is great for low light flying but pretty ordinary in contrasting light conditions. Also getting about 8 minutes on an 850 mah 4S battery and with crossfire is the go to quad to fly at work due to it being quiet, unlike the chimera 7 which just about stops traffic when I bring it out for a run.
I liked the chimera4, it flies smoother out of the box than the Geprc, but since they would not exchange it I just decided I would try out whatever else they had on sale. With a little tweaking in Betaflight it flies pretty good. I guess you sacrifice flight performance when you switch from x frame to deadcat or whatever this Geprc frame is. It's nice however not have props in the feed but you loose at the same time some stability.
I should be getting my Nebula pro this Tuesday. The chimera7 must be a real screamer but I bet it flies real nice.

I liked the chimera4, it flies smoother out of the box than the Geprc, but since they would not exchange it I just decided I would try out whatever else they had on sale. With a little tweaking in Betaflight it flies pretty good. I guess you sacrifice flight performance when you switch from x frame to deadcat or whatever this Geprc frame is. It's nice however not have props in the feed but you loose at the same time some stability.
I should be getting my Nebula pro this Tuesday. The chimera7 must be a real screamer but I bet it flies real nice.
Yeah the 7 is a screamer and used for long distance trips. Wind doesn’t bother it at all and I suspect even the eagles at work where I fly are scared of it....C9FC0ABF-5CE5-4EB2-8D45-68AA8885B927.jpeg

• Love
Yeah the 7 is a screamer and used for long distance trips. Wind doesn’t bother it at all and I suspect even the eagles at work where I fly are scared of it....View attachment 5070

Should try these for the chimera4, they work well, I am using them now for the Baby croc. The chimera7 is a beast.

I got the nebula pro the other day and just installed it last night, seems to be working great, nice to have all of the settings. Will try a flight out this weekend. Pretty easy to install, just need to be careful removing the connector ribbon from the camera.20210325_101818.jpg

Last edited:
Should try these for the chimera4, they work well, I am using them now for the Baby croc. The chimera7 is a beast.

Have you noticed any increase in motor temp running tri blade props on 4S? Not sure of the motors on the baby croc (1404?) but seem to remember reading in the chimera blurb that there may be either esc or motor issues running the tri blades on the larger cell battery.

I got the nebula pro the other day and just installed it last night, seems to be working great, nice to have all of the settings. Will try a flight out this weekend. Pretty easy to install, just need to be careful removing the connector ribbon from the camera.View attachment 5081
Looks a treat and I hope they live up to the hype. Still waiting for mine to show up using Covid19 freight.... Australia is a big country but really?

Have you noticed any increase in motor temp running tri blade props on 4S? Not sure of the motors on the baby croc (1404?) but seem to remember reading in the chimera blurb that there may be either esc or motor issues running the tri blades on the larger cell battery.
Looks a treat and I hope they live up to the hype. Still waiting for mine to show up using Covid19 freight.... Australia is a big country but really?
Well I have not tried it on anything other than 4s 850 which works great, no temp issues with the motors, even with d-min turned off and also with the p and d gains increased considerably from what it shipped with.

FYI, when you get your new camera if you just got the camera without the ribbon\cable ,when you remove the back plate from the older nebula v2, be careful on the screws, they are really tiny(smaller than the pro screws) and they are easy to strip since mine were on pretty tight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas