Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Getting video off drone card?

gizmoboy

Reaction score
Ok, I admit I'm stumped. I don't own a micro-sd reader; how do I get video off the drone and into my Mac or iPhone?

For my Air 2, I can use the DJI software to share it to my phone easily. I don't see a similar option in the in-goggle UI for the FPV...

you can plug the usb-c cable into the dji fpv and into your mac...
power up your drone and it will appear as usb drive. (so acts as a sd card reader)
(your ma2 does the same)

I will say a good (usb3) sd-card reader will be quite a bit faster.

Ok, I admit I'm stumped. I don't own a micro-sd reader; how do I get video off the drone and into my Mac or iPhone?

For my Air 2, I can use the DJI software to share it to my phone easily. I don't see a similar option in the in-goggle UI for the FPV...
Remove the micro-sd card fromn the drone, place it in the adapter that came with the micro-sd card. Then insert the adapter into your Mac. It will come up on your Mac either on the Desktop or you can view it in the Finder. Then drag the Videos into a folder or onto your desktop for viewing. Be sure to re-format your micro sd card afterward or you will quickly run out of available storage.

Reactions: mrmund
Remove the micro-sd card fromn the drone, place it in the adapter that came with the micro-sd card. Then insert the adapter into your Mac. It will come up on your Mac either on the Desktop or you can view it in the Finder. Then drag the Videos into a folder or onto your desktop for viewing. Be sure to re-format your micro sd card afterward or you will quickly run out of available storage.
My MacBook Pro has only USB-C ports. So I guess I need to buy an SD adapter to do this; nothing software-based will get the job done?

You plug the drone either with a C to C cable or an A to C with an adapter dongle you most likely already have if you have a mac with only USB-C ports...

You plug the drone either with a C to C cable or an A to C with an adapter dongle you most likely already have if you have a mac with only USB-C ports...
I can connect the drone USB-C to USB-C on the Mac and turn it on, but no storage device appears on the Mac from which to access the drone's micro-USB drive/card...

After connecting the drone and powering it on, what's the next step? Is this documented somewhere I'm missing?

that should be all thats needed...
just connect usb-c to drone, power on, with sdcard in... and it should appear.
(btw: the same should work with your mavic air)

are you checking in the finder window? (it may not appear on your desktop depending on finder settings)
if you go to about this mac, system settings - have a look to to see if you can see the usb device

perhaps also try another usb cable?

You might need to install dji assistant... On Windows that installs the drivers for the aircraft, no idea if it's also required on mac.

OP said Mac ... and you do not need any additional software on the Mac for this to work.

( I’m pretty sure you don’t on Windows either.)

Will try again this weekend. Maybe operator error. Borrowed my wife's USB-C hub that had a micro-sd reader in it for now.

you can plug the usb-c cable into the dji fpv and into your mac...
power up your drone and it will appear as usb drive. (so acts as a sd card reader)
(your ma2 does the same)

I will say a good (usb3) sd-card reader will be quite a bit faster.

I have a card reader and can view my files from my goggles sd but not from drones sd. Why?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax