Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Goggles?

Haha, nice one mate. He seems to be really focused on digital stuff now so I'm finding he doesn't have stuff I need. Even props and batteries.
Last time I spoke with him, he was having issues with outrageous freight costs and just general delays with re-stocking. Having said that, he competes at the local comps with his DJI stuff.... Last time I took a couple of analogue quads to fly in town at the oval, I brought my DJI goggles by mistake. Went home and had a beer and swore and then of course it rained for the rest of my break. Hoping with the analogue mod, that will be history.
Hope you are all good and keeping safe.

I will be interested in what you think about the analog mod for picture comparison to good dedicated analog setup @tevek
@Wayno52 I hope you can get what you want soon, and I pray you don't run out of the bare necessities, so you can FLY when you can.
Spring is coming for you guys, so fingers crossed that rains and high winds calm down for you!

Reactions: Wayno52 and tevek
I will be interested in what you think about the analog mod for picture comparison to good dedicated analog setup @tevek
@Wayno52 I hope you can get what you want soon, and I pray you don't run out of the bare necessities, so you can FLY when you can.
Spring is coming for you guys, so fingers crossed that rains and high winds calm down for you!
Good point, I have been using the UAV analogue mod that sits on the side of the DJI goggles and that was certainly good enough to fly. Since the last FW update, the latency issue has all but disappeared so we will see how it runs. The new set up simplifies the goggle setup (the TBS module would occasionally fall off the side mounting plate....) and is much more solid.
As for the weather, pretty sure @Wayno52 is being hammered in Perth much the same as we have been down south. Had a number of trees fall over around our place and the branch debris is out of control. Still as you say, spring is just around the corner and we can start getting out a bit more.

Well I’ve had these goggles for awhile now and the stock antennas were terrible like everyone said I couldn’t fly straight up ten feet before losing signal. Got new antennas and put drone on the ground and started walking with goggles and got about 300 feet and video was pretty good. But when flying drone it’s terrible. I put goggles on the ground and hit record and flew drone around front yard. Took memory card in and put in computer and watched the video but as soon as I got up off the ground with drone maybe ten feet it lost signal. Piece of (Mod Removed).

Well I’ve had these goggles for awhile now and the stock antennas were terrible like everyone said I couldn’t fly straight up ten feet before losing signal. Got new antennas and put drone on the ground and started walking with goggles and got about 300 feet and video was pretty good. But when flying drone it’s terrible. I put goggles on the ground and hit record and flew drone around front yard. Took memory card in and put in computer and watched the video but as soon as I got up off the ground with drone maybe ten feet it lost signal. Piece of (Mod Removed).
The DVR isn't good enough to record a flight, the hope is that it is good enough to help figure out where a downed quad might be if lost, and the mounting/direction of antennas is essential for anything usable since the DVR in all but a few models records a much worse image than the user sees in the goggles due to dropped frames and other issues with the old dvr chip that is used. Got a pic of your goggles setup with the antennas?

Reactions: Gotrdone
Two possible issues...
1. All goggle receivers are unique, a bit like kids or snowflakes, there is always the possibility that your receiver are not working as good as usual and there is no way to know that without comparison to another set, easier said than done.
2. And this is the big one... both of your antenna "doughnuts" are in the exact same orientation, no wonder you can't go 10 feet straight up, there is no omni-directional reception doughnut looking in that direction. It SHOULD be better if you bend one of the antennas into a 90 degree with a gentle sloping bend going the whole length of the coax, or bend both at roughly a 45 degree angle away from each other, or use 90 degree angle adapter.

1620495264304.png

Reactions: okw
By the way, this won't help the DVR much, only 3 (that I know of) good DVR's that are really out there in the world, the one on Orqa goggles, ImmersionRC Powerplay, and DJI's, everything else on the market is still pretty much the old style chip which is very bad for trying to capture any kind of decent footage.

Two possible issues...
1. All goggle receivers are unique, a bit like kids or snowflakes, there is always the possibility that your receiver are not working as good as usual and there is no way to know that without comparison to another set, easier said than done.
2. And this is the big one... both of your antenna "doughnuts" are in the exact same orientation, no wonder you can't go 10 feet straight up, there is no omni-directional reception doughnut looking in that direction. It SHOULD be better if you bend one of the antennas into a 90 degree with a gentle sloping bend going the whole length of the coax, or bend both at roughly a 45 degree angle away from each other, or use 90 degree angle adapter.

View attachment 5268
Ok thank you I’ll try it and get back to you later

Reactions: HighTechPauper
By the way, this won't help the DVR much, only 3 (that I know of) good DVR's that are really out there in the world, the one on Orqa goggles, ImmersionRC Powerplay, and DJI's, everything else on the market is still pretty much the old style chip which is very bad for trying to capture any kind of decent footage.
Ok maybe I’ll strap my go pro on it

$350 is where I’m at and if I do choose a set how do I know if they work on my drone. I guessing each board on the drone is for the drone the transmitter and the goggles since there is three circuit boards. Just guessing,I’m still learning this stuff and I’m learning from you guys thanks.
On your Hawk 5 pro you'll have 4 "boards". looking from the side, bottom up:
Bottom- ESC board, controls the motors
second- FC or Flight controller, basically the brain of your qwad
third- VTX or video transmitter, that will send the video signal to your goggles
fourth- on top of that or squished behind you'll see a small postage stamp sized board. That's your RX or receiver, it receives the signals from your remote controller and sends them to the FC so your stick movements make the qwad go the direction you want

This a somewhat simplified explanation but should help get you started understanding how things work and what your working with

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas