Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Gyroflow

Barbara

Reaction score
Did a little side by side comparison with Gyroflow and Horizon Steady. The results are in the video below.

Note, the Unstabilized and Gyroflow video are from the same flight. The HS video is a separate flight following a similar path.

Reactions: pedz and rktman
Did a little side by side comparison with Gyroflow and Horizon Steady. The results are in the video below.

Note, the Unstabilized and Gyroflow video are from the same flight. The HS video is a separate flight following a similar path.

Good job Barbara. In your opinion, which is more stable, Gyroflow or Horizon Steady?
Also, does Gyroflow have an equivalent to RockSteady showing banked turns? How much is Gyroflow?

Good job Barbara. In your opinion, which is more stable, Gyroflow or Horizon Steady?
Also, does Gyroflow have an equivalent to RockSteady showing banked turns? How much is Gyroflow?
Gyroflow is free. You can check it here: Gyroflow

As for a "Rock Steady" setting, can't say for sure. I've just started exploring the options.

Looks like Gyroflow stabilizes with much less crop than Horizon Steady... true?

Also, I have this vain hope that Litchi will see a big enough market with Avata to support it with Virtual Sticks. I can envision all kinds of missions that would never be attempted with a camera drone because of the far greater risk.

Even more serious justification for 360 sensors, accessible through the SDK (another likely pipe dream with Avata).

On-board collision avoidance is unnecessary. Can be done from Litchi (et al) automation.

I'm no professional, so I may simply be smoking some Top Shelf bud. However it seems immensely valuable to me to be able to choreograph some complex indoor flight that can be repeated with cm resolution. Indoors in still air, of course.

It will do the equivalent of Rocksteady just fine, that's the "default".
The Horizonsteady equivalent shown in this sample however only looks good because the aircraft barely moved on the roll axis because of the small yard and low speed, with more angle it quickly becomes unusable because of the heavy crop required while the built-in function stays fine.

Also, I have this vain hope that Litchi will see a big enough market with Avata to support it with Virtual Sticks.
Litchi's pretty much done for on any new non-enterprise aircraft since DJI have said they had no more interest in providing an SDK for the consumer models.

Last edited:
It will do the equivalent of Rocksteady just fine, that's the "default".
The Horizonsteady equivalent shown in this sample however only looks good because the aircraft barely moved on the roll axis because of the small yard and low speed, with more angle it quickly becomes unusable because of the heavy crop required while the built-in function stays fine.
Granted I was indeed going slow. My interest at the time was just to see if I could get results with Gyroflow as I'm a total newbie to FPV and third party stabilization. Turns out the software is very easy to use, but I definitely have to try it with some more aggressive flying. For now though, I'm still flying in Normal mode with an occasional forray into Sport mode. Manual mode is pretty much a no go for me.

While I thought the results I got were pretty much the same for the Gyroflow VS Horizon Steady, I thought the Gyroflow looked slightly better, in my very limited examples.

Gyroflow is free. You can check it here: Gyroflow

As for a "Rock Steady" setting, can't say for sure. I've just started exploring the options.
Which one do you prefer, Barbara?

Which one do you prefer, Barbara?
Sorry, missed that first time around. I'll likely stick with DJI's stabilization for any serious videos I shoot. (like I shoot a lot of serious video....) But I will have to experiment a bit with Gyroflow and see what it can do, if for no other reason than I can and why not.

Sorry, missed that first time around. I'll likely stick with DJI's stabilization for any serious videos I shoot. (like I shoot a lot of serious video....) But I will have to experiment a bit with Gyroflow and see what it can do, if for no other reason than I can and why not.
Please report your experiences.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RcRen