Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Head-mounted display for "normal drone"

albertly

Reaction score
I think posting my question on this forum is the right place because you guys are really technical savvy.

I am not a racing person. I just use usual so called "photo drone".
However I really enjoy to fly with FPV glasses. As for racing and freestyle it is essential part of equipment. For usual drones mobile or tablet is more common.

I want to find decent solution for flying "regular" drones with FPV glasses.
I did the research

1. The simplest solution is to use Google cardboard, provided that app. splits the screen.
It works very decent with my SG906 Pro 2. Its app has VR Mode FPV display.
But it doesn't work with my Hubsan Zino Mini Pro - there is not such a feature.
I even thought about write Android application just to forcefully split screen into 2 for any app.

2. To use Oculus: stream phone screen to Oculus with this app Google Store "Screen Stream over HTTP".
Impractical because Oculus doesn't work in sunlight.

3. Mount a camera, transmitter and battery on a drone and use real FPV glasses
It works, however, the author of the video himself said that it's is not a good solution and his point was only to show that it is possible.

As far as I know Mavic Air 2S and Mavic Mini 2 don't work with DJI FPV glasses.
Only DJI FPV drone and Mavic Pro 2 do.

What would you suggest?

Last edited:
And this doesn't work with Air 2s/mini2 since there's no 3rd party app support for those yet.

And this doesn't work with Air 2s/mini2 since there's no 3rd party app support for those yet.
This kind of app uses DJI SDK. Unfortunately there is no SDK (software development kit) for Air2s and Mini 2.

Autel Robotics has a product - "Live Deck"
Live Deck detail

ldbanner.png

My question is: Maybe it is possible to intercept radio signal?
In my case (Zino Mini Pro) they use Syncleas 3.0 protocol, it would be more difficult. I think Syncleas is propriety protocol w/o documentation.

Maybe another solution is this :
Native SBS for Android (free)
GitHub - Daver2212/sbs: Android SBS support

I didn't check this yet. It requires rooted device.
The app was last updated 7 years ago and now it is a public archive - so no guarantee.
If someone has rooted device and Google cardboard, please check it and let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput