Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help with GPS/Compass installation

Obsidian Triniti

Reaction score
Hello,
thank you for the kind welcome to this forum. I have been learning a lot from it and the places you all have referred me to. I’m not at the point of feeling comfortable building one myself yet, but I am getting there rapidly, thanks to the forum.

My question is I have an HGLRC FD F7 Dual Gyro FC and a BN-880 GPS with Compass. (Please forgive my verbiage, I don’t yet know the lingo!) Of course the compass comes with no instructions, but I have found some on the internet. It comes with a jst-sh 6 pin connector like the one pictured. The single end goes to the gps unit while the opposite end is split into two connectors - a 4-pin and a 6-pin, with only 4 wires in the 6-pin connector and 2 wires in the 4 pin connector. Because the 2 wires go to the compass, I’m thinking I can just plug the 6-pin with the 4 wires into the FC and simply not use the compass. But, I got the compass to use it.

My thoughts are now to remove the 4-pin connector and rewire the other 6-pin so that it matches the schematic on the FC. To me, it looks like all the GPS/Compass connections there on the FC through that single connector (Please see pictures).

Has anyone done this? Is my thinking in line? Is this the hard way, or is the the best way?

Sorry for so many questions, but I’m still learning, and appreciate any assistance you can give.

Regards

1617CE35-FBC5-4A91-AF1F-DDAE12332034.jpeg81756868-9CCF-4E74-B053-ADAEE710BBFC.jpegFC9B2D3B-3805-4F1B-883B-149FE5B024A3.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas